Can we stop blaming Trump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2017, 07:45 AM
RE: Can we stop blaming Trump?
(23-03-2017 07:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  They will only suddenly reinvent themselves as "green" once the position becomes completely untenable, (which I would have thought was long ago, but clearly not), that burning fossil fuels is bad.

History is repeating itself. We heard the same kind of corporate propaganda with lead in our gasoline and with cigarettes, just as you say.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
23-03-2017, 08:15 AM
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/201...ueler.html
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
23-03-2017, 08:34 AM
(23-03-2017 07:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  They will only suddenly reinvent themselves as "green" once the position becomes completely untenable, (which I would have thought was long ago, but clearly not), that burning fossil fuels is bad.

According to quite a number of scientists, there won't be much to reinvent. The large coastal hubs will be flooded, bringing with it an economical as well as humanitarian crisis of biblical proportions. All of this within a century at the most.

If they don't pull the brakes right this very moment, they will have to deal with the consequences. But the shitheads being in power only think as far as their own lifespan takes them, and the contents of their bank accounts, of course.
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
23-03-2017, 08:36 AM
(23-03-2017 08:15 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/201...ueler.html

Fuck. Angry

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
23-03-2017, 10:03 AM
(22-03-2017 10:47 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  All that said, I'm curious how exactly one would "get rich" off of some environmental regulation game...

Same way our new HHS director Tom "Everyone's Got A" Price did it. Insider stock trading and land value manipulation based on the expected regulation/deregulation effects before anyone else even knows about them.

#sigh
23-03-2017, 10:23 AM
(23-03-2017 10:03 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 10:47 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  All that said, I'm curious how exactly one would "get rich" off of some environmental regulation game...

Same way our new HHS director Tom "Everyone's Got A" Price did it. Insider stock trading and land value manipulation based on the expected regulation/deregulation effects before anyone else even knows about them.

The term for that is insider trading, and it's illegal. It seems pretty clear to me that he violated the 2012 STOCK Act. Whether or not we'll ever see a prosecution under its auspices is another question, and one that may be vital to the survival of our republic.

Tom Price was under investigation-- the whole Drumph appointment thing notwithstanding-- and only by firing the federal attorney who was preparing to prosecute him will he (by having a High Lord Protector) get away with it.

https://www.propublica.org/article/preet...ck-trading

I can't see this happening with the EPA, given the amount of hate the congressional prime-donors have for that institution. Anyone at the EPA who tried what Price did would get crucified. Cronyism is only safe for those who make money for their fellow high powered insiders.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
23-03-2017, 10:41 AM
(23-03-2017 10:23 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I can't see this happening with the EPA, given the amount of hate the congressional prime-donors have for that institution. Anyone at the EPA who tried what Price did would get crucified. Cronyism is only safe for those who make money for their fellow high powered insiders.

What? Of course there is somebody at the EPA who's going to do the exact same things Price did - Scott Pruitt.

#sigh
23-03-2017, 10:51 AM
(21-03-2017 05:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, progressives want to regulate everything they can...

Progressives at the same time don't like law and order. They attack police, they don't want to enforce laws they don't like. They are for open borders. Cities that are governed by progressives have lots of crimes...

(As an Aussie) I'm not quite certain of how you're using the term "progressives" in these comments Alla.

Progressives are defined as those who "assert that the advancements in science, technology, economic development, and social organisation are vital to the improvement of the human condition". To me, that would seem to include most of any 1st-world, Western populations—but you appear to be making progressives out to be a singular, largely populated group with an agenda opposite to the one above.

Could you please cite references to your (purported) assertions of their belligerence towards police; their anti-law and order stance; their opposition to closing borders; their antipathy to personal freedoms of choice; and higher crime rates in so-called 'progressive' communities.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
23-03-2017, 11:21 AM
Alla's "own agenda" and "own definitions." Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2017, 11:25 AM
(23-03-2017 10:03 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

The regulators as well as the deregulators can make money cheating on the stock market.

Most law makers can.

It's kind of interesting, some of the prejudices Alla has been taught are new to me.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man