Can we stop blaming Trump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2017, 09:45 PM
RE: Can we stop blaming Trump?
It seems to me that there is a great need for a movement to render the Electoral college vote mute. The history of it is, as I mentioned in another post, shameful.

To a foreigner like myself who has many American friends, who has been heavily influenced by America and it's culture, I believe America is worth saving.

However, an Australian cannot affect change. It's up to Americans to stop whining, get off their butts and vote, protest, start groups etc. Nothing illegal of course, simply work within the framework of the society. It's going down hill more rapidly than even I imagined. That you have Trump as a President is, quite frankly, shocking.

Do something.

The world is watching and judging. It's not a pretty sight.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
16-03-2017, 09:54 PM
(16-03-2017 09:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 09:30 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  Okay, Trump is behaving exactly like we all knew he would. That better?

He is. Big Grin
There was all kinds of information about him available to anyone who was interested about what a lying, cheating, dishonest person he is. The thing I think we didn't know all about, and is yet to be fully exposed, is his corrupt connections with the Russians.

I met a Trump defender the other day who thought his opponents only wanted to see Trump's tax returns to see if he paid taxes (the two pages leaked seemed to settle the matter for him).
I pointed out the conflicts of interest in his businesses and the ties to a long time political adversary that had interfered with our election (he wasn't upset about that). His knee-jerk response was "Obama had business conflicts all over, too."

He never did clarify and I still don't know to what he referred.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 4 users Like Vivian Darkbloom's post
16-03-2017, 10:00 PM
(16-03-2017 09:45 PM)Banjo Wrote:  It seems to me that there is a great need for a movement to render the Electoral college vote mute. The history of it is, as I mentioned in another post, shameful.

To a foreigner like myself who has many American friends, who has been heavily influenced by America and it's culture, I believe America is worth saving.

However, an Australian cannot affect change. It's up to Americans to stop whining, get off their butts and vote, protest, start groups etc. Nothing illegal of course, simply work within the framework of the society. It's going down hill more rapidly than even I imagined. That you have Trump as a President is, quite frankly, shocking.

Do something.

The world is watching and judging. It's not a pretty sight.

But you can affect change. Keep scolding us. I'm serious. To me there is nothing more frustrating than the lack of turnout by the left for midterm elections. Anything that lights a fire under even one ass is helpful.
Things won't truly get better until republicans lose their hold on congress.
Gerrymandering is one our biggest problems.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 4 users Like Vivian Darkbloom's post
16-03-2017, 10:01 PM
(16-03-2017 09:54 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 09:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He is. Big Grin
There was all kinds of information about him available to anyone who was interested about what a lying, cheating, dishonest person he is. The thing I think we didn't know all about, and is yet to be fully exposed, is his corrupt connections with the Russians.

I met a Trump defender the other day who thought his opponents only wanted to see Trump's tax returns to see if he paid taxes (the two pages leaked seemed to settle the matter for him).
I pointed out the conflicts of interest in his businesses and the ties to a long time political adversary that had interfered with our election (he wasn't upset about that). His knee-jerk response was "Obama had business conflicts all over, too."

NPR interviewed a Trump supporter in Nashville last night, at the rally. She said "I trust President Trump to do the right thing". Facepalm
I was trying to figure out what sort of person would say that about someone so demonstrably untrustworthy, and why they would need to convince them-self of that lie. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-03-2017, 10:07 PM
(16-03-2017 10:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I was trying to figure out what sort of person would say that about someone so demonstrably untrustworthy, and why they would need to convince them-self of that lie. Dodgy

Most people are idiots.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
16-03-2017, 10:09 PM
(16-03-2017 10:07 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 10:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I was trying to figure out what sort of person would say that about someone so demonstrably untrustworthy, and why they would need to convince them-self of that lie. Dodgy

Most people are idiots.

Ya, I know, but seriously. Do they have to keep proving it ? Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-03-2017, 10:10 PM
(16-03-2017 10:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 09:54 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  I met a Trump defender the other day who thought his opponents only wanted to see Trump's tax returns to see if he paid taxes (the two pages leaked seemed to settle the matter for him).

NPR interviewed a Trump supporter in Nashville last night, at the rally. She said "I trust President Trump to do the right thing". Facepalm
I was trying to figure out what sort of person would say that about someone so demonstrably untrustworthy, and why they would need to convince them-self of that lie. Dodgy

Like a detective on a serial killer case, don't spend too much time trying to think like they do, it can really mess you up, man

[+] 1 user Likes Vivian Darkbloom's post
16-03-2017, 10:14 PM
(16-03-2017 10:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Ya, I know, but seriously. Do they have to keep proving it ? Weeping

Apparently yes.

I do it everyday. Big Grin

Banjo.
16-03-2017, 10:16 PM
Fuck Trump and Ryan.

There. Problem solved.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
16-03-2017, 10:18 PM
(16-03-2017 10:16 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Fuck Trump and Ryan.

There. Problem solved.

What about Mitch. You know Mitchie gets jealous.

[+] 1 user Likes Vivian Darkbloom's post