Can we stop blaming Trump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 12:28 AM
RE: Can we stop blaming Trump?
Gawdzilla Wrote:For eight years Obama was blamed for EVERYTHING.
For eight years Obama blamed Bush for everything or almost for everything.

Keen Wrote:We 100% have a puppet presidency
I don't think so.
Hillary would be a puppet for sure. She would be a puppet of her rich donors.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2017, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2017 02:23 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(18-03-2017 12:28 AM)Alla Wrote:  I don't think so.
Hillary would be a puppet for sure. She would be a puppet of her rich donors.

Why are you talking about Clinton?

The point was made about Trump. Can you not simply defend Trump on his own merits, or must you Trumpeteers always point the finger and deflect?

So what if Clinton would have been as corrupt? That still doesn't justify Trump's corruption. You're essentially saying, "Yes, Mommy, I did it, but Billy did it too!"

If you're seven years old, that logic might seem sound, but I'm not seven. Why don't you defend Trump on his own merits instead of dragging up a vanquished foe?

Can it be that he has no merit worth mentioning?
[+] 10 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-03-2017, 01:33 AM
(17-03-2017 08:48 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 11:42 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  For eight years Obama was blamed for EVERYTHING.

Hell, he's STILL being blamed.

Black man living in America. And president.

What does one expect?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
18-03-2017, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2017 02:25 AM by Szuchow.)
(17-03-2017 10:47 AM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  Maybe the best thing that could happen to Trump voters is to suffer because of the policies he and the republicans enact. How else can a person obtain foresight but by examining hindsight?

Then again, their news sources will still probably be able to convince them that it was the evil Leftists that did it to them. Some people are too far gone.

It's not question of being too far gone, such stance dismiss whatever legitimate grievances people voting for Trump could have. I'm biased about right wingers but I do realize that they can see things in different light, one that may look insane for me but they could say the same about my pov. Look to the Haidt book The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion.

People voting against their economic interests are failure of the left which failed to convince them that it will fight for them and their rights. They probably will be damaged by their choice but it does not mean that left such scoff at them but rather redouble it's efforts to convince them.

Situation does not look to different in Poland (in regard to citizens voting in a way that boggles the mind of the left that is) and explanation can partly be the same. In Poland left truly failed and from 2007 (if I recall correctly) matters not. Democrats too weren't doing great from what little I know. Or maybe I've made false analogy and situation is in no way comparable.

Edit: Andrzej Leder defines failure of the left in Poland as chosing to defend citizen ethos over worker ethos, throwing away anti-clericalism and "capitulating before god" - left should remember that religions is only opiate and it's humans who should to solve their problem cause there is no on above to help. Lastly there was loss of criticism in regard to own national community. Guess posters from USA will see if it is in any way comparable to Democrats issues.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
18-03-2017, 02:24 AM
(18-03-2017 01:33 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 08:48 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Hell, he's STILL being blamed.

Black man living in America. And president.

What does one expect?

Now that lynchings have fallen out of fashion ... fo' sho.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
18-03-2017, 02:28 AM
Now they drag them around behind cars and get cops to murder them.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
18-03-2017, 02:55 AM
(18-03-2017 02:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Now they drag them around behind cars and get cops to murder them.

... or they vote for a guy who has a thinly-veiled racist platform ...

... oh wait, more of the same.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
18-03-2017, 05:13 AM
(18-03-2017 12:28 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Gawdzilla Wrote:For eight years Obama was blamed for EVERYTHING.
For eight years Obama blamed Bush for everything or almost for everything.
And the little shrub deserved a lot of that. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-03-2017, 07:32 AM
Hi,

I've been looking at the Trump budget and note that many Republicans wanted bigger military spending and cuts in social security budgets, which Trump pushed back against.

OK, this isn't much but its maybe a little chink of light in the darkness.

D.
18-03-2017, 07:36 AM
(18-03-2017 07:32 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

I've been looking at the Trump budget and note that many Republicans wanted bigger military spending and cuts in social security budgets, which Trump pushed back against.

OK, this isn't much but its maybe a little chink of light in the darkness.

D.

That's Ivanka's influence. It's a good thing, but is it enough?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man