Can we stop blaming Trump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 08:48 AM
RE: Can we stop blaming Trump?
Thumpalumpacus Wrote:Why are you talking about Clinton?
The point was made about Trump. Can you not simply defend Trump on his own merits, or must you Trumpeteers always point the finger and deflect?
Fair point. I want to ask you a question: who did you vote for?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2017, 08:50 AM
(18-03-2017 05:13 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 12:28 AM)Alla Wrote:  For eight years Obama blamed Bush for everything or almost for everything.
And the little shrub deserved a lot of that. Drinking Beverage

OK.
So, what can we blame Obama for? Is there anything?

18-03-2017, 09:00 AM
(18-03-2017 08:50 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 05:13 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  And the little shrub deserved a lot of that. Drinking Beverage

OK.

Both Obama and the republicans are probably to be blamed for the huge divide we have in the US. Never before (to my knowledge which isn't much on the topic) were the two parties this uncooperative. We don't know what happened behind closed doors to cause this rift, but it was bad enough to bring everything to a stand still. I assume that in order to arrive at such a complete rift, both parties had to have had a partial fault.

We now live in the aftermath of that rift.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-03-2017, 09:01 AM
(18-03-2017 08:50 AM)Alla Wrote:  So, what can we blame Obama for? Is there anything?

Obama doubled the deficit, but that was probably necessary to save the economy.

Obama left a vacuum for ISIS in Iraq, but got us out of the war.

Obama increased federal bureaucracy with the ACA, but made health insurance more widely available.

Everything in the real world has pluses and minuses, so it depends on your priorities.

Undecided
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
18-03-2017, 09:03 AM
(16-03-2017 09:54 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 09:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He is. Big Grin
There was all kinds of information about him available to anyone who was interested about what a lying, cheating, dishonest person he is. The thing I think we didn't know all about, and is yet to be fully exposed, is his corrupt connections with the Russians.

I met a Trump defender the other day who thought his opponents only wanted to see Trump's tax returns to see if he paid taxes (the two pages leaked seemed to settle the matter for him).
I pointed out the conflicts of interest in his businesses and the ties to a long time political adversary that had interfered with our election (he wasn't upset about that). His knee-jerk response was "Obama had business conflicts all over, too."

He never did clarify and I still don't know to what he referred.

Facepalm Obama didn't have business conflicts. He was still struggling to pay off his student loans when he became president.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
18-03-2017, 09:09 AM
(18-03-2017 09:01 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 08:50 AM)Alla Wrote:  So, what can we blame Obama for? Is there anything?

Obama doubled the deficit, but that was probably necessary to save the economy.

Obama left a vacuum for ISIS in Iraq, but got us out of the war.

Obama increased federal bureaucracy with the ACA, but made health insurance more widely available.

Everything in the real world has pluses and minuses, so it depends on your priorities.

Undecided

I like how you justify Obama for every thing you blame him. It is very interesting to observe. Smile

18-03-2017, 09:10 AM
(18-03-2017 09:00 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 08:50 AM)Alla Wrote:  OK.

Both Obama and the republicans are probably to be blamed for the huge divide we have in the US. Never before (to my knowledge which isn't much on the topic) were the two parties this uncooperative. We don't know what happened behind closed doors to cause this rift, but it was bad enough to bring everything to a stand still. I assume that in order to arrive at such a complete rift, both parties had to have had a partial fault.

We now live in the aftermath of that rift.

I agree with you. May be this is why we have Trump.

[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
18-03-2017, 09:23 AM
(18-03-2017 09:01 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  Obama doubled the deficit, but that was probably necessary to save the economy.

Obama did not double the deficit. The deficit went down under Obama, a little bit if you measure in unadjusted dollars, more reduction if you adjust for inflation as is usually done.

Obama increased the debt, as has every modern president. He did not double it, or come anywhere remotely near that.
[+] 1 user Likes John Derderian's post
18-03-2017, 09:28 AM
(18-03-2017 12:28 AM)Alla Wrote:  For eight years Obama blamed Bush for everything or almost for everything.

Can you provide a citation for Obama, not some supporter or journalist, blaming Bush for *anything*? I won't ask for everything or almost everything.
[+] 3 users Like John Derderian's post
18-03-2017, 09:40 AM
(18-03-2017 08:50 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 05:13 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  And the little shrub deserved a lot of that. Drinking Beverage

OK.

Gravity, global worming, the inflation of the bhat, any end of things. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post