Can we talk about PALM READING

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Can we talk about PALM READING
So I know a girl who claims she can read palms. Curious, as I was watching her read other peoples' palms, I offered that she could read mine.

Prospects: She basically told me I'm going to make lots and lots and lots of money, though not always faithfully. Like I'll sue for more money that's reasonable, not by actually stealing. She said I'm going to have several jobs, but I'll like all of them, and by the time I choose to retire, I'll seek odd jobs to keep myself from boredom.

Social: She said I'm not going to have a lot friends (I already don't), my family's going to be shit (not that they already aren't) and my marriages are going to be tough and not very long-lasting (wooooo going to be alone forever). Specifically, I'm going to have few successful marriages, but they'll all end short. The only good thing she really said was that I'm going to meet people that will bring me some of the best memories of my life, but (and here's where the good part ends) they'll never stay.

Waaay fucking depressing. Shy

I kind of think of palm readers as psychics and shit. This may already be a topic somewhere, but I'm making it a new topic. What do you guys thing about my depressing future and palm reading?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2014, 10:10 AM
RE: Can we talk about PALM READING
(16-01-2014 10:06 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  So I know a girl who claims she can read palms. Curious, as I was watching her read other peoples' palms, I offered that she could read mine.

Prospects: She basically told me I'm going to make lots and lots and lots of money, though not always faithfully. Like I'll sue for more money that's reasonable, not by actually stealing. She said I'm going to have several jobs, but I'll like all of them, and by the time I choose to retire, I'll seek odd jobs to keep myself from boredom.

Social: She said I'm not going to have a lot friends (I already don't), my family's going to be shit (not that they already aren't) and my marriages are going to be tough and not very long-lasting (wooooo going to be alone forever). Specifically, I'm going to have few successful marriages, but they'll all end short. The only good thing she really said was that I'm going to meet people that will bring me some of the best memories of my life, but (and here's where the good part ends) they'll never stay.

Waaay fucking depressing. Shy

I kind of think of palm readers as psychics and shit. This may already be a topic somewhere, but I'm making it a new topic. What do you guys thing about my depressing future and palm reading?

She's mentally ill and needs help. She actually thinks that the future can be known by the way the skin on your hands folds up when you close your fist. That's stupid on a medical level.

I could tell you more accurately about your future simply based on how well I know you. That way I can judge your character rather than making shit up at random.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
16-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Got my palm read once, around your age. I was told I have a sister living around lots of palm trees (I do, my half sister), and I was told at the age of 32 I'd have two boy children. I had two girls in my 20's. So, yeah.

I get my tarot card read in person soon, at a little shack by my house. We have to go when the light is on, so I've been keeping my eye out. I'm taking my friend for her birthday. Too bad it can't be Gordon.

Ferdi, just go to a different palm reader. You'll probably get some better results.
16-01-2014, 10:26 AM
(16-01-2014 10:06 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  . What do you guys thing about my depressing future and palm reading?

I think she's jealous.
She probably feels you are smarter and wiser than her and therefore you can 'work the system' to your benefit on a monetary level. Because that is the way she would do it, rather than using your smarts to get a great job that pays well.

And she is jealous of the attention that the boys show you but you couldn't possibly be happy with them because you don't attract them by flirting- you attract them with smarts.

or I could be full of BS like her. Cool
I think I've been watching too much Sherlock.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
16-01-2014, 10:26 AM
We always have our own sage/seer/scaliwag here for you to consult! Smile

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ony-TTAunt

Ferdi - I live in Salem Ma, and we have psychics galore. They make a lot of cash using cold reading techniques and if they know anything about someone their "knowledge" seems to increase exponentially. I think it's a load of crap.

You're a smart person and I think you'll do well as long as you pay attention to the lessons life gives you along the way.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
16-01-2014, 10:46 AM
A cleaning lady in my highschool use to do that for 50 cents.

I took it as inspiration one day when I was in a city and had drunk away all cash for a trainticket home the night before.

I got an empty mug and asked for donations so I could build a spaceship and thereby gathered enought to go home.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
16-01-2014, 10:53 AM
I was told by a palm reader I'd have 5 kids.

So glad they were wrong....

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-01-2014, 10:55 AM
(16-01-2014 10:53 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was told by a palm reader I'd have 5 kids.

So glad they were wrong....

You'd have to change your screen name to Momsurroundedbypaddedwalls.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 9 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-01-2014, 11:04 AM
I got q palm reading done for free once. The girl got freaked out when she saw a certain part of my palm and said she was sorry but she couldn't finish the reading.

...In retrospect, I probably should have washed all the blood off my hands...

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 7 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
16-01-2014, 11:36 AM
My palms are to hairy