Can we talk about PALM READING

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2014, 12:10 PM
RE: Can we talk about PALM READING
She doesn't sound very well. Do you know anyone who could approach a member of her family to let them know she might need some help?

Palm reading is one of those things that no sane adult could actually believe. When I was 9 or 10, I and a girl at my school would read people's palms during break times for a while. I mean, neither of us really believed it, of course. It was mainly for attention or something, I think. And to look cool. "Oh look at us with our magic powers!"
Anyway, she grew up and became a Z Lister after appearing on Big Brother, and famously getting drunk and shoving a wine bottle up her vagina in the garden one night.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes NoraBrimstone's post
16-01-2014, 12:25 PM
(16-01-2014 10:06 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  So I know a girl who claims she can read palms. Curious, as I was watching her read other peoples' palms, I offered that she could read mine.

Prospects: She basically told me I'm going to make lots and lots and lots of money, though not always faithfully. Like I'll sue for more money that's reasonable, not by actually stealing. She said I'm going to have several jobs, but I'll like all of them, and by the time I choose to retire, I'll seek odd jobs to keep myself from boredom.

Social: She said I'm not going to have a lot friends (I already don't), my family's going to be shit (not that they already aren't) and my marriages are going to be tough and not very long-lasting (wooooo going to be alone forever). Specifically, I'm going to have few successful marriages, but they'll all end short. The only good thing she really said was that I'm going to meet people that will bring me some of the best memories of my life, but (and here's where the good part ends) they'll never stay.

Waaay fucking depressing. Shy

I kind of think of palm readers as psychics and shit. This may already be a topic somewhere, but I'm making it a new topic. What do you guys thing about my depressing future and palm reading?

Palmistry is utter bullshit and you should completely ignore her. WTAF? Haven't you learned anything here? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Actually (and I do expect each of you to pound me with stones) buuuut....... I've been told I read palms very very well. Do I know how or why? No I really don't understand it myself. I suppose I am very good at *reading* people in person. Noticing what people wear or their jewelry, lifestyle and other would-be tale-tale signs.

I've read about a hundred or so I'd say in my day and my readings on people's lives, what they do for a living, how many times married, how many kids, etc have been spot on - or so they have said. As for any future predictions I've never followed up. Probably should have. But Blush but I've never followed up.

Future predictions - no matter what I felt compelled to say at the time --- I kept intentionally vague for I'd not wish ANY human being to base life decisions on anything I might offer in something as veneer as a palm reading. Shocking
I've also never taken one penny and have always given a disclaimer prior to palm readings that they are intended "for entertainment purposes only".

Sometimes I get talked into it - for fun - but I usually say "No I don't give readings anymore" for reasons stated.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
16-01-2014, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2014 12:34 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
Maybe that's just what your friend wants to happen to you in your later years.

What a great scapegoat "it's not what I want to happen to you, it's what your palms told me." is. That's why it's bullshit - it makes the reader feel like they removed themselves from the assertions. Except they aren't.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
16-01-2014, 12:37 PM
(16-01-2014 12:26 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Actually (and I do expect each of you to pound me with stones) buuuut....... I've been told I read palms very very well. Do I know how or why? No I really don't understand it myself. I suppose I am very good at *reading* people in person. Noticing what people wear or their jewelry, lifestyle and other would-be tale-tale signs.

I've read about a hundred or so I'd say in my day and my readings on people's lives, what they do for a living, how many times married, how many kids, etc have been spot on - or so they have said. As for any future predictions I've never followed up. Probably should have. But Blush but I've never followed up.

Future predictions - no matter what I felt compelled to say at the time --- I kept intentionally vague for I'd not wish ANY human being to base life decisions on anything I might offer in something as veneer as a palm reading. Shocking
I've also never taken one penny and have always given a disclaimer prior to palm readings that they are intended "for entertainment purposes only".

Sometimes I get talked into it - for fun - but I usually say "No I don't give readings anymore" for reasons stated.

It has nothing to do with palms and everything to do with psychology. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
16-01-2014, 12:50 PM
I got in trouble once for reading palms...... my own... in school Blush
[+] 4 users Like War Horse's post
16-01-2014, 12:58 PM
(16-01-2014 12:50 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I got in trouble once for reading palms...... my own... in school Blush
Had you written on them?
16-01-2014, 01:04 PM
(16-01-2014 12:58 PM)NoraBrimstone Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 12:50 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I got in trouble once for reading palms...... my own... in school Blush
Had you written on them?
With invisible ink, most likely! Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
16-01-2014, 01:05 PM
(16-01-2014 12:58 PM)NoraBrimstone Wrote:  
Had you written on them?

Well , hell yes ! Smartass
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
16-01-2014, 01:34 PM
(16-01-2014 12:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  WTAF? Haven't you learned anything here? Consider

Unsure

...Of course I have! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post