Can we talk about this bullshit for a sec thanks.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
21-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Can we talk about this bullshit for a sec thanks.
So I know this happened the other day but my care levels are as small as your momma's ass is big. So the Washington Post condemned Snowedin despite publishing his leaked documents and get many awards and shit for doing so.

Now I'm not a fan of Snowden, I think the way he went about doing what he did was stupid on his part. I think he was right that the public needed to know this but just the way he went about it was stupid.

BUT even though I'm not a fan of the dick even I, a simple boy from a simple village, can see that Washington Post saying he needs to come back to stand trial is a bit fucked up the ass. Pot kettle black much?

Firstly, it's throwing your bro who just helped you move house under a bus to the cops by showing them his weed stash.

Secondly, he had that weed so you could smoke it with him if anyone should go down it's both of you cunts.

The retardation is strong.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
21-09-2016, 07:28 PM
RE: Can we talk about this bullshit for a sec thanks.
Quote:Now I'm not a fan of Snowden, I think the way he went about doing what he did was stupid on his part.

Was there another way to do it?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
21-09-2016, 07:32 PM
Who is this person? (asks the guy with his finger on the pulse)

[Image: aid24191-728px-Make-a-Snowman-Step-11-Version-4.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-09-2016, 08:12 PM
(21-09-2016 07:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Now I'm not a fan of Snowden, I think the way he went about doing what he did was stupid on his part. I think he was right that the public needed to know this but just the way he went about it was stupid.

Stupid, or fucking badass?

He committed "technical" treason. What he did is, in my opinion, patriotic and yes, the public should be aware of what their country is doing.

Maybe not every detail... I realize that the world is a fucked up place and sometimes some shit has to happen that isn't pretty and we need some secrecy to handle it. But if the government is doing fucked up shit, it should be called out.

How he did it isn't stupid. He went straight to the one place he knew he'd be sheltered, if not safe. Fucking Russia. The US pretty much fucks with any country they want to except Russia or China.

He knew that Russia would totally love a motherfucker throwing egg on our face, but still have the "don't give a fuck" attitude to release him if we ever decide to pardon him. And he knew that the US couldn't touch him as long as he was there, and no way is Russia giving the US the satisfaction of just handing the salty bastard over.

Ballsy move. And he's gotten away with it too. So far.

(sorry for the language, I don't think I've really cursed all day...had to get it out)

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 8 users Like evenheathen's post
21-09-2016, 08:34 PM
(21-09-2016 08:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  (sorry for the language, I don't think I've really cursed all day...had to get it out)

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
22-09-2016, 12:47 AM
It was a brave thing that snowden did and I believe everybody has a right to know how the governments operate and monitor their populous.

The media are indeed hipocrites, all of the major news outlets are just cogs in a machine that serves as a propoganda tool. Im sure if they could of gotten away with initially not reporting the whole snowden incidient I think they would.

No such thing as "free press" anymore.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 6 users Like bemore's post
22-09-2016, 01:09 AM
I think in years to come, if America does not become a dictatorship or religious oligarchy, Snowden will be looked upon as an American hero.

Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
22-09-2016, 09:41 AM
Ok, I get the hypocrisy of the Washington Post and agree with that point, but some people really piss me off. They're all thanks and praise when a terrorist plot is uncovered and stopped before any harm is done... well how the fuck do you think they got the intelligence? It takes a lot of meddling in other people's business. But those same people are like "stay out of MY business". THERE'S hypocrisy for you. So all this "we have a right to know what the NSA is doing" is bullshit. You can't have it both ways. You either want your protection or you want your privacy; you can't have both. Now if the NSA was publicizing or otherwise abusing peoples' private information that would be different. But simply reviewing it? Whoop-de-fucking-do! How else do you expect them to find out details that dangerous people are taking great pains to hide??? Some people actually think what Snowden did was the right thing to do? You gotta be fucking kidding me! Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
22-09-2016, 10:38 AM
(22-09-2016 09:41 AM)Impulse Wrote:  ...
You either want your protection or you want your privacy; you can't have both.

I'll take privacy, please.

Thank you.

Yes

[+] 9 users Like DLJ's post
22-09-2016, 10:46 AM
(22-09-2016 10:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 09:41 AM)Impulse Wrote:  ...
You either want your protection or you want your privacy; you can't have both.

I'll take privacy, please.

Thank you.

Yes

Just curious, why? If all the government is doing is searching for bad people, why would you care if they're in your business?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.