Can we talk about this bullshit for a sec thanks.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
23-09-2016, 09:30 AM
RE: Can we talk about this bullshit for a sec thanks.
(23-09-2016 09:20 AM)Fireball Wrote:  If anyone tries to turn on my video, they won't see dick. I have tape over it. How's that for paranoid?

You put tape over a decoy. That's not the camera. It only looks like a camera.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-09-2016, 09:45 AM
(23-09-2016 09:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 09:20 AM)Fireball Wrote:  If anyone tries to turn on my video, they won't see dick. I have tape over it. How's that for paranoid?

Now that's paranoid! Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
23-09-2016, 09:59 AM
(23-09-2016 09:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Gasp <scurries away and gets foil to cover laptop>
23-09-2016, 10:01 AM
(23-09-2016 09:45 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 09:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You put tape over a decoy. That's not the camera. It only looks like a camera.

Now that's paranoid! Shocking

Unfortunately, he's right. The entire screen can reverse image what is in front of it. That information can be retrieved by any interested party with the appropriate technology. [/foil hat]
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
23-09-2016, 10:05 AM

You put tape over your dick?

Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 8 users Like unfogged's post
23-09-2016, 11:05 AM
(23-09-2016 10:05 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

You put tape over your dick?

Consider

Laugh out load Poorly worded. I have tape over the camera lens.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
23-09-2016, 11:30 AM
(22-09-2016 09:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:well how the fuck do you think they got the intelligence?

Warrants for phone taps, warrants for searching buildings, inside people. etc..
They sure is titty christ don't get it by reading my emails.
As if emails are the only thing they are checking... And frankly, you don't know where they get any information that turns out to be relevant. Moreover, you don't know where relevant information will be regardless of where it has been previously.

Quote:You can't have it both ways.

Yes you can.

Quote:You either want your protection or you want your privacy

What are you Fox News now?
Why?? Why does it have to be one or the other?? That's right wing propaganda with no basis. Please show me why it must be one or the other and why can't just have both (as the taco girl says).
Because terrorists aren't putting their details in nice public places that make them easy to find. And, by the way, phone taps, building searches, etc. are also an invasion of privacy even with warrants. The difference is it's legal, but anyone who would abuse private information can do so just as easily with information obtained with a warrant.

Quote:Now if the NSA was publicizing or otherwise abusing peoples' private information that would be different. But simply reviewing it? Whoop-de-fucking-do!

Oh ok, I'll just come over to your house and have a good rummage around then.
It's ok because I won't tell anyone what I found.
The analogy fails. I never claimed anyone should have a right to your personal information for any reason. We're talking about the NSA specifically and their purpose in accessing the information is at least allegedly to find terrorists and stop attacks. And they're pulling data on millions if not billions of people. There simply can't be casual reading of just anybody's emails or other information.

Quote:Some people actually think what Snowden did was the right thing to do? You gotta be fucking kidding me! Dodgy

What he did ultimately was the right thing to do (even though I think the way he went about it was wrong). What the US government was doing was illegal and the public did need to know. There's reasons why courts have to issue warrants. There's reasons why the US isn't considered an authoritarian military dictatorship.

Lib-er-ty, look it the fuck up.
If you honestly believe that there is ANY major intelligence agency out there in the world that really cares about keeping everything legal, then you truly must have been born yesterday.

Quote:Just curious, why? If all the government is doing is searching for bad people, why would you care if they're in your business?

Because it's our fucking rights to not have them illegally interfering with our business. Just because you're not doing anything wrong doesn't mean you have any less rights.
You want your rights, but what will you say when they fail to stop a terrorist attack? Will you be one outraged by their incompetence? I mean I SUPPOSE they could just look around at public websites, ask everyone they meet "are you a terrorist?", make public announcements asking terrorists to turn themselves in - maybe even offer cushy prison cells for them in exchange for their honesty, and offer rewards to anyone who provides credible tips. How far do you think that will get them? Drinking Beverage

Quote:that's why they have to look into everyone's internet search history.

No that's fucking stupid.
No, stupid is expecting results while tying their hands and feet and blindfolding and gagging them.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
23-09-2016, 11:32 AM
(23-09-2016 11:05 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 10:05 AM)unfogged Wrote:  You put tape over your dick?

Consider

Laugh out load Poorly worded. I have tape over the camera lens.

You have a camera lens on your dick? Gasp

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
23-09-2016, 01:23 PM
(23-09-2016 11:32 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 11:05 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Poorly worded. I have tape over the camera lens.

You have a camera lens on your dick? Gasp

Just the one eye.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
23-09-2016, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2016 01:56 PM by Dom.)

Mine is taped shut too. One time I went to yahoo and there I was, staring at myself sitting here - they had turned on the camera without asking and were inviting me to some chat or something. That did it, black tape over the camera. It kind of pissed me off. How dare they watch me without asking, and that was just Yahoo. I often sit here in pyjamas, with bed-hair, waiting for my coffee...sometimes I skip the pyjamas. Nobody's business but mine.

But I realize that the times of privacy are pretty much over. I disabled all spyware we know about in windows 10 too. I hate that shit. One time I was shopping for underwear and for weeks after that all my ads were freaking underwear. WTF? I don't want to see underwear all day... I also don't allow location tracking. My search history is going to put their brains in overdrive - if it exists, I have probably done some research on it, I am curious as heck. I am pretty sure I am still exposed to all kinds of spying...I hate that shit.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post