Can we talk about this bullshit for a sec thanks.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
26-09-2016, 04:50 AM
RE: Can we talk about this bullshit for a sec thanks.
(25-09-2016 10:46 PM)skyking Wrote:  
(25-09-2016 09:07 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Remember that we live in different countries. I think that people rulling mine country aren't even hyping the threat, they're inventing it to justify authoritarian measures. Poland is too insignificant to be threatened by terrorists I would say. But zealous politicians and laws that easily allow for silencing opposition are much more probable.

Enough attacks to justify such measures? I don't think so.
The freedom grab in the US was sickening post-9/11
It is so chickenshit to give in to these terrorists. They win evry time we give ground on freedoms.

It's not we who give ground but gov who takes it away.

I see nothing surprising in push for increased surveilance - power corrupts and gov's of today have no small ammount of it. Also as Morondog said ease of spying is another important factor.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
26-09-2016, 11:04 AM
I said on the evening of September 11th, to a friend of mine -- "Mark my words, the Bill of Rights will be the first thing arrested."
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
28-09-2016, 12:43 AM
(21-09-2016 07:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I know this happened the other day but my care levels are as small as your momma's ass is big. So the Washington Post condemned Snowedin despite publishing his leaked documents and get many awards and shit for doing so.

Now I'm not a fan of Snowden, I think the way he went about doing what he did was stupid on his part. I think he was right that the public needed to know this but just the way he went about it was stupid.

BUT even though I'm not a fan of the dick even I, a simple boy from a simple village, can see that Washington Post saying he needs to come back to stand trial is a bit fucked up the ass. Pot kettle black much?

Firstly, it's throwing your bro who just helped you move house under a bus to the cops by showing them his weed stash.

Secondly, he had that weed so you could smoke it with him if anyone should go down it's both of you cunts.

The retardation is strong.

Snowden was one of those rare cases where a guy did something that 99 out of 100 times would otherwise be treason. But Snowden, I believe was very meticulous in how he released these documents and was very careful to balance the need to prove the government was spying on its own citizens against the release of major secrets which could really damage the national security of the United States and other allied nations.

In the end Eddie may pay a very dear price for this civil disobedience and may well face the possibility that he will never again be able to return to his homeland as a free man. Sometime the good guys don't always win, the darkness masquerades as light, and many ethical decisions are bittersweet.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
30-09-2016, 06:41 AM
(26-09-2016 01:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 12:55 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Oh, and another quote --

Any atheist worth his salt should get that one.

Themistocles and Artemisia Wrote:You offered freedom without consequence or responsibility.
Are you accepting my offer?
My answer is still no!

Cue them trying to kill each other.

Themistocles and Artemisia Wrote:Surrender to me, or meet your death!
Who would you fight if not for me? No one could challenge your skill. I would rather die a free man than live as a slave, even if the chain was attached to you.

This movie was so much smarter and better than it had any right to be, and still way better than the original.

And one of the best emasculating lines ever.

Artemisia Wrote:You fight much harder than you fuck!

[Image: familyguynutkick0zo.gif]

I’m looking forward to the sequel. Great escapism.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
30-09-2016, 10:33 PM
I think I'm a little too old school to wade into this particular discussion without seeming a little bit ...odd... but I will say that I really did enjoy reading this thread. Thumbsup

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.