Can you believe this?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2013, 01:53 AM
RE: Can you believe this?!
(14-04-2013 01:43 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  What does that say about the people who can actually pass the laws?

er... that they wear funny clothes and bang sticks on desks ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2013, 02:29 AM
(14-04-2013 01:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  If I'm gonna eat it, I want to know it's been produced in a proper fashion. The fact that these guys are trying to pass laws protecting themselves instead of being transparent and open and saying "sure, come to my farm, have a tour, we can show you how everything works" says a lot.

Would you be willing to pay more for a brand of beef, chicken, pork, in which the framing practices are completely transparent?

Insults From Thinkingatheists forgiven 151
14-04-2013, 02:48 AM
(14-04-2013 02:29 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Would you be willing to pay more for a brand of beef, chicken, pork, in which the framing practices are completely transparent?

Yes.

But why should I have to ? The farming industry themselves should want to be seen as transparent, rather than trying to get away with stuff.

It's like ex-presidents in African countries who pass laws granting themselves immunity from prosecution when they leave office. There's no need for such a law if they're not up to tricks. It's like a big red flag saying "I'm an evil scheming megalomaniac".
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-04-2013, 06:33 AM
(14-04-2013 01:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 01:43 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  What does that say about the people who can actually pass the laws?

er... that they wear funny clothes and bang sticks on desks ?

Those guys adjudicate the laws. Dodgy

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Maybe if you spelled it out ? In words of one letter. 'Cos I'm thick today...
14-04-2013, 08:48 AM
(14-04-2013 07:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  Maybe if you spelled it out ? In words of one letter. 'Cos I'm thick today...

What does that say about the CONGRESSMEN AND WOMEN who know these laws are destructive but pass them anyway with no apparent regard for the people to whom they have sworn an oath of service. Because the people who own the farms haven't promised you anything.

And don't worry, I know the feeling. Thumbsup

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
14-04-2013, 08:57 AM
(14-04-2013 08:48 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 07:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  Maybe if you spelled it out ? In words of one letter. 'Cos I'm thick today...

What does that say about the CONGRESSMEN AND WOMEN who know these laws are destructive but pass them anyway with no apparent regard for the people to whom they have sworn an oath of service. Because the people who own the farms haven't promised you anything.

Ah, right. I know the answer to this one Big Grin

It says they're scaly no good politco-whoring hacks who should all be removed from office.
14-04-2013, 09:00 AM
(14-04-2013 08:48 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  

It means that most voters in this country are apathetic so politicians feel they can (and will) get away with serving special interests that will funnel money into campaigns and then shovel money at them once they leave office and join the consulting class. Monsanto is no different from the investment firms that got Glass Steagall over turned at the end of the last millenium.

As long as Politicians can and do get away with this they will. The only counter to this is to actually get people to do their homework and vote. The sad thing is more people will vote for American idol or dancing with the people you may have heard of once in US magazine than will show up to vote for the people who are given direct power over all of us.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
14-04-2013, 09:07 AM
(14-04-2013 08:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 08:48 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  What does that say about the CONGRESSMEN AND WOMEN who know these laws are destructive but pass them anyway with no apparent regard for the people to whom they have sworn an oath of service. Because the people who own the farms haven't promised you anything.

Ah, right. I know the answer to this one Big Grin

It says they're scaly no good politco-whoring hacks who should all be removed from office.

That's nice but I really wanted your opinion about them, rather than what you think I, or someone else would say about them

14-04-2013, 09:14 AM
(14-04-2013 09:00 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Monsanto is no different from the investment firms that got Glass Steagall over turned at the end of the last millenium.

(14-04-2013 01:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  The fact that these guys are trying to pass laws protecting themselves~

Notice any similarities in the above?