Can you believe this?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2013, 04:35 PM
RE: Can you believe this?!
(14-04-2013 04:25 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 03:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Special Interest groups trumping what is good for the public. I thought I was fairly clear on this, but my entire point was that these SI's usually all but write the laws governing the regulation of their businesses so as competition by new firms is reduced (or eliminated) and that what they are doing is either approved of (or when it is blatantly illegal overlooked). I then explained what the motivation was for the Politicians doing this (money both during and after their time in office) and the only solution to the problem (Informed Voting).

Gotcha. And how are the two posts I quoted above (one from you and one from morondog) similar?

I think I see what your getting at (if not I'm gonna need a little more from you) but his point seems to be they are only passing the laws because they are doing something illegal. I can see where you could get that from my statement about Glass-Stegall but I think it goes further than that. Rather than being a retroactive way to protect themselves my view on it is they are thinking very long term. I guess it could sound a bit conspiracy theory-ish with the exception of there being proof of it actually happening.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Heywood in my opinion your analogy of the plumber is just as laughable as your user name.

If a company has nothing to worry about then why should they be bothered if they employ somebody who secretly films their premises? If they operate within guidelines and reduce suffering to the best of their abilities then they should welcome it.

It wont stop people exposing these things, because people do it selfishly because they CARE... all it means now is once they do expose these things the corporations will have them imprisoned/fined/gagged because they CARE about money.

Bow down and keep faith in your debt based god = MONEY!!!!!!!

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
15-04-2013, 01:39 AM
(14-04-2013 03:41 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  This may be easier for you... what does enacting these laws say about the integrity of the people who own those farms?

... To *me*, in *my opinion*, it says they've not got a lot of it (integrity)... I dunno. Farmers are always on a knife-edge financially (at least the ones I've met). They deal with large amounts of money but that's mostly *turnover* - it has to be invested in next seasons crops and so on. It's easy to understand why they'd take shortcuts or why factory farming is attractive - save money, produce more meat, sell for the same price, genius! Unfortunately there are these annoying people who keep saying stuff like "You can't do that! People eat that! It's unethical! It's inhumane!"...

So I think in the end it says that they're human... and what they *can* get away with they will.
15-04-2013, 07:27 AM
(15-04-2013 01:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 03:41 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  This may be easier for you... what does enacting these laws say about the integrity of the people who own those farms?

... To *me*, in *my opinion*, it says they've not got a lot of it (integrity)... I dunno. Farmers are always on a knife-edge financially (at least the ones I've met). They deal with large amounts of money but that's mostly *turnover* - it has to be invested in next seasons crops and so on. It's easy to understand why they'd take shortcuts or why factory farming is attractive - save money, produce more meat, sell for the same price, genius! Unfortunately there are these annoying people who keep saying stuff like "You can't do that! People eat that! It's unethical! It's inhumane!"...

So I think in the end it says that they're human... and what they *can* get away with they will.

So you're saying that you would do something like that?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2013, 09:02 AM
(15-04-2013 07:27 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  So you're saying that you would do something like that?

Where are you going with this ? Of course I could do something like that. I am as human as the next guy. And then I would be a scaly no good piece of shit. But I could do it. Economically infeasible for me at this present time however. Also I'd like to think what with all my moralising that I'd at least pause for a twinge of conscience before deciding to fuck people in the ass.
15-04-2013, 09:27 AM
(15-04-2013 09:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 07:27 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  So you're saying that you would do something like that?

Where are you going with this ? Of course I could do something like that. I am as human as the next guy. And then I would be a scaly no good piece of shit. But I could do it. Economically infeasible for me at this present time however. Also I'd like to think what with all my moralising that I'd at least pause for a twinge of conscience before deciding to fuck people in the ass.

Where am I going? As usual, I'm all over the road and I'm not really sure but I'll know when I arrive. Smile

And yeah uhm... I asked would you, not could you. I assume you're a human who can think and speak so I get that you could. And from what you said there at the end, it sounds like a pretty sure no.

Thanks.

Your honor, I have no more questions for the witness...

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2013, 09:35 AM
(15-04-2013 09:27 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Your honor, I have no more questions for the witness...

Sorry for being prickly... I thought you were setting me up for a "you're just as bad as they are" comment... and I'm NOT. So there. To answer the question which you actually asked I can't say for sure if I would or not. Based on how I think now... no. But if you gave me 40 years of privilege and power - maybe the first 5 or 10 I'd remember my roots and so on, but I can't be certain that I wouldn't eventually begin to think that *because* I could mess with people's lives I therefore had a *right* to do so, and by corollary, if I felt that my privilege and power might be threatened by someone, or made more secure by the elimination of that someone as a threat... I think you'd find me drafting some legislation. Ambiguous enough answer ?
15-04-2013, 02:49 PM
(12-04-2013 09:14 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  According to this story several American states, instead of making laws to prevent cruelty to animals, are passing laws to prevent cruelty to animals being exposed!

What, the, FUCK!

What is at the bottom of this is the population needs food, and the steps to ensuring the people's concerns about how that food is manufactured is unnecessary and costly.

You people live in a fucking bubble - you are so fucking stupid.

Don't you have any idea of how many cows, pigs, and chickens, we eat each day; and how much effort it takes to process the animals from breeding to the slaughter house? You think it can be done in some orderly manner that meets the expectations of the animal rights activists who are only interested in shaking down the businesses???

You think the activists are doing the recordings???

It is the workers who do it, and when one gets fired, they generate an extortion scam.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
15-04-2013, 03:09 PM
(15-04-2013 02:49 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  What is at the bottom of this is the population needs food, and the steps to ensuring the people's concerns about how that food is manufactured is unnecessary and costly.
That's your opinion. Others differ.

Quote:You people live in a fucking bubble - you are so fucking stupid.
Way to go convincing me with your finely honed debating skills Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
15-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Re: Can you believe this?!
Support locally grown meat and veg. Best way to show protest is pocketbook.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post