Can you believe this?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2013, 05:10 PM
RE: Can you believe this?!
(15-04-2013 03:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  Way to go convincing me with your finely honed debating skills

You cannot get past the ad hominem attack, can you? You insist that debaters must restrain themselves, no matter their intellectual capabilities, or educational credentials? Name calling always indicates skewed reasoning???

I think you got it wrong - stupid. The classification of logic fallacies is for the advantage of the debater to determine, and sort, the valid from the invalid; so the discussion can make valid conclusions.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2013, 05:23 PM
(15-04-2013 02:49 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  What is at the bottom of this is the population needs food, and the steps to ensuring the people's concerns about how that food is manufactured is unnecessary and costly.

Even if this wasn't one of the dumbest things I've heard all day (which it is, along with your other posts), you've totally missed the point. If you don't have a problem with animal cruelty then you should be in favour of legalising it, not of criminalising it and then creating backhanded ways for companies to circumvent the law.

Trainwreck Wrote:You people live in a fucking bubble - you are so fucking stupid.

You know what, it's weird. You made your attack on me and I don't feel bothered by it. It's almost like I really don't care what you think. How strange is that? It's like I value your opinion lower than a turnip's and wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire (unless I'd just drank a shit ton of petrol, then I probably would).

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
15-04-2013, 07:28 PM
(15-04-2013 09:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 09:27 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Your honor, I have no more questions for the witness...

Sorry for being prickly... I thought you were setting me up for a "you're just as bad as they are" comment... and I'm NOT. So there. To answer the question which you actually asked I can't say for sure if I would or not. Based on how I think now... no. But if you gave me 40 years of privilege and power - maybe the first 5 or 10 I'd remember my roots and so on, but I can't be certain that I wouldn't eventually begin to think that *because* I could mess with people's lives I therefore had a *right* to do so, and by corollary, if I felt that my privilege and power might be threatened by someone, or made more secure by the elimination of that someone as a threat... I think you'd find me drafting some legislation. Ambiguous enough answer ?

You may be correct... if someone gave you that position. But since no one will ever give you that position, the only way you'd ever get it is to be a dirtbag like all the other politicians and corporate CEO types. If you ain't already either there or tying to get there, you're not a sociopath and as such, you wouldn't do that shit.

I can't speak for you but if I were given that position, I would never advantage myself to the detriment of others. And no one could ever convince me to. If for no other reason than because I wouldn't take the fucking position. I've got my hands full deciding what I'm supposed to do... I'll be damned if I'm gonna tell other people what to do. Tongue

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2013, 08:09 PM
(15-04-2013 07:28 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 09:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  Sorry for being prickly... I thought you were setting me up for a "you're just as bad as they are" comment... and I'm NOT. So there. To answer the question which you actually asked I can't say for sure if I would or not. Based on how I think now... no. But if you gave me 40 years of privilege and power - maybe the first 5 or 10 I'd remember my roots and so on, but I can't be certain that I wouldn't eventually begin to think that *because* I could mess with people's lives I therefore had a *right* to do so, and by corollary, if I felt that my privilege and power might be threatened by someone, or made more secure by the elimination of that someone as a threat... I think you'd find me drafting some legislation. Ambiguous enough answer ?

You may be correct... if someone gave you that position. But since no one will ever give you that position, the only way you'd ever get it is to be a dirtbag like all the other politicians and corporate CEO types. If you ain't already either there or tying to get there, you're not a sociopath and as such, you wouldn't do that shit.

I can't speak for you but if I were given that position, I would never advantage myself to the detriment of others. And no one could ever convince me to. If for no other reason than because I wouldn't take the fucking position. I've got my hands full deciding what I'm supposed to do... I'll be damned if I'm gonna tell other people what to do. Tongue

Thus the ultimate quandary does power corrupt or does power attract the corruptible?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
15-04-2013, 10:17 PM
(15-04-2013 08:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Thus the ultimate quandary does power corrupt or does power attract the corruptible?

Neither. Power attracts the corrupted. Thumbsup

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2013, 03:42 AM
(15-04-2013 05:10 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  Way to go convincing me with your finely honed debating skills

You cannot get past the ad hominem attack, can you? You insist that debaters must restrain themselves, no matter their intellectual capabilities, or educational credentials? Name calling always indicates skewed reasoning???

I think you got it wrong - stupid. The classification of logic fallacies is for the advantage of the debater to determine, and sort, the valid from the invalid; so the discussion can make valid conclusions.

If you were anyone else I might be tempted to read your stuff, but it's always drivel, so I don't bother. If *you* want to be taken seriously, it's up to *you* to sort out your posting style.
16-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Sorry for jumping back in here, I have been sort of away for a few days. TrainWreck for all his bad manners and sometimes twisted thinking has slightly brought up a point here. The amount of meat and meat products consumed in the US creates producers who will bend rules because of the high rates of production required. In reality consumers need to be prepared to pay more for meat products if they want the animals involved to be treated reasonably.

If you find a market that sells grass fed beef (which means only that they were not fattened in a feed lot, they still went through the often cruel slaughter house) note the significantly higher price. Add to this the cost of "humane" slaughter and you can imagine what food may cost. This said while acknowlegeding that Europe with typically more stringent animal cruelty laws seems to do OK. Yes I know the recent horse meat scandal does somewhat indicate this is not entirely true.

The point remains that as long as people purchase food with only cost in mind stuff will happen, including but not limited to cruelty to animals. Cruelty to farm workers also occurs.