Can you disprove the existence of god?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2013, 12:12 AM
RE: Can you disprove the existence of god?
(05-04-2013 11:53 PM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  Would saying, "Nothing can prove nor disprove the existence of god." a safe answer?

There are no "safe" answers when discussing religion and God with the believers.

Possible show stoppers from the top of my head:

1) Go away and leave me the fuck alone!
2) Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here. (Nicholson in As Good As It Gets)
3) I'm not interested in hearing about your delusions.
4) Go away before I get angry. You don't want to see me when I'm angry.
5) Oh for fuck's sake! Why don't we just talk about Bigfoot while we're at it?

Inflection is very important though, make sure you inflect genuine disgust Evil_monster

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
06-04-2013, 12:15 AM
(05-04-2013 11:53 PM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  Would saying, "Nothing can prove nor disprove the existence of god." a safe answer?

It's your question. Big Grin

I don't know if you missed it - I say it alla time - I remember standing before the creator of the universe and accepting the title of prophet; so, for me, it is kinda a calling, going on about the non-existence of god. Big Grin

It may seem like a simple question... and the simplest answer, is no. God does not exist. But for many, if not most, simplicity is not the answer.

Obviously, we look up, and the sun traverses the heavens without the assistance of Apollo. So, god does not exist like the cop that pulls you over, exists. But what about Gwyneth? What about the moral paradigm? What about the sense of connectedness with the universe on feels with a tasty spliff?

To disregard such as electrochemical reactions in the brain may be scientifically satisfying, but are they philosophically satisfying?

That's more the question that is asked in this kind of peer group.

What question are you asking, again? What we feel? What we can demonstrate? What we supposedly know?

The creator of the universe that I know, doesn't want answers. Cat wants peeps asking questions.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-04-2013, 12:17 AM
I can't even prove HoC exists, let alone any deity.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-04-2013, 12:18 AM
(06-04-2013 12:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

It's your question. Big Grin

I don't know if you missed it - I say it alla time - I remember standing before the creator of the universe and accepting the title of prophet; so, for me, it is kinda a calling, going on about the non-existence of god. Big Grin

It may seem like a simple question... and the simplest answer, is no. God does not exist. But for many, if not most, simplicity is not the answer.

Obviously, we look up, and the sun traverses the heavens without the assistance of Apollo. So, god does not exist like the cop that pulls you over, exists. But what about Gwyneth? What about the moral paradigm? What about the sense of connectedness with the universe on feels with a tasty spliff?

To disregard such as electrochemical reactions in the brain may be scientifically satisfying, but are they philosophically satisfying?

What question are you asking, again? What we feel? What we can demonstrate? What we supposedly know?

The creator of the universe that I know, doesn't want answers. Cat wants peeps asking questions.

HoC, either you're stoned or I'm stoned 'cause that didn't make any sense to me Blink

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
06-04-2013, 12:19 AM
(06-04-2013 12:17 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I can't even prove HoC exists, let alone any deity.

I'm contingent on Gwyneth. Tongue

06-04-2013, 12:22 AM
Now this makes sense to me

[attachment=1264]

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-04-2013, 12:24 AM
(06-04-2013 12:18 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 12:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's your question. Big Grin

HoC, either you're stoned or I'm stoned 'cause that didn't make any sense to me Blink

Drinking. Hobo

For you, god is a fairy tale. For me, god is an asshole who gave me a job. For both of us, the ain't really no gospel to preach. I think one thing we're in agreement on, is that the self should think for itself.

I mean, either that, or you could come into my mind and meet the LC. But I don't recommend it. Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-04-2013, 12:28 AM
(06-04-2013 12:24 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 12:18 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  HoC, either you're stoned or I'm stoned 'cause that didn't make any sense to me Blink

Drinking. Hobo

For you, god is a fairy tale. For me, god is an asshole who gave me a job. For both of us, the ain't really no gospel to preach. I think one thing we're in agreement on, is that the self should think for itself.

I mean, either that, or you could come into my mind and meet the LC. But I don't recommend it. Big Grin

This would be a good time for you to resurrect your LC Thread for the new kids.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-04-2013, 12:42 AM
(06-04-2013 12:28 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 12:24 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Drinking. Hobo

This would be a good time for you to resurrect your LC Thread for the new kids.

Yabut. Fuck that guy. Big Grin

You pinned it, buddy ol' pal. Nothing more "positive atheism" than having, you know, god speak for atheism. Big Grin

I slay me. Big Grin

06-04-2013, 12:44 AM
(06-04-2013 12:42 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 12:28 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  This would be a good time for you to resurrect your LC Thread for the new kids.

Yabut. Fuck that guy. Big Grin

You pinned it, buddy ol' pal. Nothing more "positive atheism" than having, you know, god speak for atheism. Big Grin

I slay me. Big Grin

[Image: h32AFA4F6]

[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post