Can you disprove the existence of god?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: Can you disprove the existence of god?
It isn't about proving that God doesn't exist, it's about being able to handily make a bulletproof case that God is nothing more or less than a human invention.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Humanguy's post
06-04-2013, 12:49 AM
Alcohol makes most shit funny. I just haven't had anything intelligent to say on the topic... and for a nutbag, I seem to be too rational about it to inspire heated debate or questions. Undecided

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-04-2013, 12:58 AM
(06-04-2013 12:49 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Alcohol makes most shit funny. I just haven't had anything intelligent to say on the topic... and for a nutbag, I seem to be too rational about it to inspire heated debate or questions. Undecided

I believe that's why priests love the Holy Communion part so much, the wine. Have you seen the size of their motherfucking chalices? Makes the whole thing funny and probably tolerable for them...that and altar boys.

"You transcribed this shit wrong! The word was celebrate you moron, not celibate!"

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-04-2013, 01:08 AM
(05-04-2013 11:12 PM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  I've been checking some videos on youtube about arguments of christians and atheists and I came to this one question.

Can we(atheists) disprove the existence of god?

We've been arguing with christians that god does not exist. Nothing can prove his existence and things like that. But what if a christian asks us, "Can you disprove his existence? If not, the why do you choose to deny him?"

How would you guys answer that question?

P.S.
Please don't reply with lengthy answers. I think it'll be better to answer in a concise way.

Thank you! Smile
You can make an inductive argument to a that effect. You can't prove it though. Your goal isn't to prove but to persuade and for that inductive arguments are more than sufficient.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
06-04-2013, 02:15 AM
Theoretically we could, if only theist could come up with an unambiguous and clear definition of god and what it implies. Given that, if you prove that the implications of that definition of god are false, then logically god wouldn't exist.
But theist like to bend their ideas to dodge the truth :/

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
06-04-2013, 05:56 AM
I'd say, "It's not my job to disprove him. Basic rules of debate, burden is on the claimant."
06-04-2013, 08:40 AM
I would consider myself a "strong atheist" rather than an agnostic, but if you define "God" vague and fuzzy enough, I admit I've got nothing.

You know, the "some kind of god" kind of god, beloved of a certain class of apologist.

But when it comes to the gods believers actually believe in, I can do a pretty good job of disproof.

So which God do you want disproven? Jehovah? Ganesh? Odin?

And no, "scientists don't know everything" is not even a slight indication (let alone proof) that there is a boogieman in the sky.

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2013, 09:05 AM
The Harry Potter universe is real, we just don't know because we're muggles.

Prove me wrong. Drinking Beverage

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
06-04-2013, 09:23 AM
GuiltyAngel Wrote:Would saying, "Nothing can prove nor disprove the existence of god." be a safe answer?

Safe would be not getting near someone wanting something out of you. Dodgy

Weirdo: Can you disprove the existence of god?
Kim: What god? I don't have one. If you have one, isn't that proof enough for you? Why are you trying to run my life? Sadcryface2 Laughat

Probably something like that.
If you hang around them too much, sooner or later your hair catches fire. Just say no. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
06-04-2013, 09:28 AM
(06-04-2013 12:28 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  This would be a good time for you to resurrect your LC Thread for the new kids.
Evil. Angel

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post