Can you explain this/What are friends for

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2013, 03:57 AM
Can you explain this/What are friends for
My best friend came over to spend teh night. He and I are so close he has a weird ability. he can se things before I type them. no literally. I written my original characters and before iI could tell him about them the next day he was describing them to me because he dreamed abiout them. He has even seen my success and predicted things that I have written without for knowledge and without me knowing whta he has seen before I've written it. tonight he given me a lot to expect.

btw i had a question in mind.. basically have you ever had a friend like this. Also I still can not explain how he can do this. can you.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 02:29 PM
RE: Can you explain this/What are friends for
(05-03-2013 03:57 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  My best friend came over to spend teh night. He and I are so close he has a weird ability. he can se things before I type them. no literally. I written my original characters and before iI could tell him about them the next day he was describing them to me because he dreamed abiout them. He has even seen my success and predicted things that I have written without for knowledge and without me knowing whta he has seen before I've written it. tonight he given me a lot to expect.

btw i had a question in mind.. basically have you ever had a friend like this. Also I still can not explain how he can do this. can you.
Oh my yes. It's simple really. You've been around this person long enough that you can tel what they're going to do. Primes example. My brother and I do splendidly in games as we know what each other are going to do s we don't need to communicate very often. I can straight up guess what one of my friends is going to do in pretty much anything as I've know him that well.

Prediction is not as mystical as people seem to think.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
06-03-2013, 01:40 AM
What hamata said. If you around a person enough, you develop a sort of mental model of that person, like a computer simulation. You know how they react to things, how they talk, how they act, and this allows you to predict current and future behavior.

This is also related to some ideas on why people believe in the afterlife. I know that I've had dreams I was conversing about current events with my dad, stuff that happened after he died. Some people do stuff like that (or even imagine conversations while awake) and think it proves the person still exists somewhere else. What it shows is that you know that person well enough to predict their thoughts and behavior. The same thing happens in real time when you're with a close friend, relative or partner, and it may seem like mind-reading but it only shows you've been around that person a lot and know them pretty well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
07-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Thanks for keeping my head out of the clouds...... lol.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.