Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2016, 10:44 AM
RE: Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over?
(17-08-2016 06:47 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The energy of Hiroshima atomic explosion is the 0.7 gram. The lost of weight during human death ranges from 2.5 to 22.4 gram (the Russian Internet Resource, and I think, that any natural leak of matter was considered and calculated). So, the really the supernatural thing is happening.

People lose bodily fluids at the time of death you fucking idiot! Geesh! The bladder and bowels content is released. Holy mother of shit! What a moron.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
17-08-2016, 11:04 AM
(17-08-2016 09:59 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 09:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  This is an old old piece of shit thing. They weighed people before and after death and found a small difference. Ta da. The soul.
Weeping
Facepalm

I always thought that was because the bowel muscles relaxed and well, you know. Aha! Perhaps that what TheBore means, the human soul is a turd!

Vaporware.
17-08-2016, 11:29 AM
(17-08-2016 09:55 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Still trying to work out the real point . . .
He seems to think that the absence of a scientific explanation for a phenomenon in nature automatically means that the cause must be supernatural. I can't say I understand how he arrived at that conclusion.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
17-08-2016, 11:44 AM
(17-08-2016 06:49 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Do you have any data...
Just because atheistic worldview is under the test - I am the Poe? The humankind has come to mass conservation in very clever experiments: mass always conserves in chemical reactions. Why then nobody cares to weight the dying person and his matter-leaks???
17-08-2016, 11:52 AM
(17-08-2016 11:44 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Just because atheistic worldview is under the test - I am the Poe? The humankind has come to mass conservation in very clever experiments: mass always conserves in chemical reactions. Why then nobody cares to weight the dying person and his matter-leaks???

Are all Eastern Orthodox as gullible as you and pasadi97?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
17-08-2016, 11:54 AM
(17-08-2016 10:32 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Hm, two point something to twenty something grams loss eh? So, who has light soul and who heavy? Does, say, a life of crime and debauchery lie heavily on the soul and add to its mass? Perhaps that heavy soul has been claimed by Satan? Whereas the lighter soul is able to gently waft its way to Heaven on a sort of kamikaze, a heavenly wind?

Post-mortem fart. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-08-2016, 12:24 PM
(17-08-2016 11:44 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 06:49 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Do you have any data...
Just because atheistic worldview is under the test - I am the Poe? The humankind has come to mass conservation in very clever experiments: mass always conserves in chemical reactions. Why then nobody cares to weight the dying person and his matter-leaks???

Hmmm, the conservation of mass applies, basically, to chemical reactions - the mass of the products of the reaction, including any gas, must equal that of the original reagents. Antoine Lavoisier sort of lost his head over that one.

What you say sounds more like the conservstion of energy, where mass is energy in another form. Can't have electricity without consuming/converting mass, can't power a car without...

Now, the human body is an electrochemical machine. On death the electricity gets dissipated as heat, the chemicals go to, eventually, feed/fuel other organisms. Interred bodies can be found by infra-red cameras due to their heat-of-decay signature, even a few feet down.

So, Borgy baby, what is the form of this lost mass? No point in starting an argument unless you have researched the answers and know what-off you speak.

Or are you just another mindless believer?

Atheism has been under attack since gods were invented - yoo-hoo, we are still here!
[+] 4 users Like Gloucester's post
17-08-2016, 12:29 PM
(17-08-2016 06:47 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The energy of Hiroshima atomic explosion is the 0.7 gram. The lost of weight during human death ranges from 2.5 to 22.4 gram [...]

So a human body purportedly loses 2.5g to 22.4g when it expires?

And because of this (with which I largely agree) you're asserting that this loss of body mass = God.

Wow, such viable, empirical evidence! I guess that's far more logical than considering that it could be caused by skin transpiration—of part of the average 70 litres of water contained within the body? Silly me.

Quote:...mass always conserves in chemical reactions

Nonsense. When a metal—say magnesium—oxidises it loses nearly all of its mass. I'm guessing you're confusing "matter" with "mass"?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
17-08-2016, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2016 01:20 PM by Gloucester.)
Careful, Syz. The mass if the magnesium is not lost but converted. Mass is the word used in discussing mass/energy equations but matter could be used synonymously when discussing "stuff". Like "Dark Matter" whose mass is over a quarter of that of the whole Universe. But, er, seems it should be thought of as "Dark Energy" really.

matter
ˈmatə
noun
physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; (in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as distinct from energy.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
17-08-2016, 04:01 PM
From Snopes:

Quote:claims that souls have measurable mass which falls within a specific range of weights can be traced to experiments conducted by Dr. MacDougall in 1907.

Quote:So, out of six tests, two had to be discarded, one showed an immediate drop in weight (and nothing more), two showed an immediate drop in weight which increased with the passage of time, and one showed an immediate drop in weight which reversed itself but later recurred. And even these results cannot be accepted at face value as the potential for experimental error was extremely high, especially since MacDougall and his colleagues often had difficulty in determining the precise moment of death, one of the key factors in their experiments.

Translation for the hard of thinking: It's utter bunk.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post