Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2016, 12:49 PM
RE: Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over?
(18-08-2016 12:45 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Given the prominent role of food in most Jewish celebrations I'd expect there to be a net gain in mass during passover.
Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
18-08-2016, 12:54 PM
(18-08-2016 12:45 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Given the prominent role of food in most Jewish celebrations I'd expect there to be a net gain in mass during passover.

There is. Trust me, there is. Especially during Passover.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
18-08-2016, 01:35 PM
(17-08-2016 11:44 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Why then nobody cares to weight the dying person and his matter-leaks???

Because we're too busy mourning our loved ones, you insufferably silly person! If I was sitting at the deathbed of a friend or family member and *you* came in and wanted to conduct some daft experiment in order to prop up your specious hypothesis regarding "souls," you would be deported or defenestrated from the room with amazing alacrity and extreme prejudice (and possibly also suffer the indignity of a swift kick to the gonads as well).

The difference in mass can be very simply explained via air and possibly other gases or fluids leaving the body. If you want to prove the existence of a soul, go find one and bring it into a proper laboratory for examination.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Astreja's post
18-08-2016, 02:17 PM
By the way, what the hell are people "passing over"? Candle sticks? Jump ropes? Turnstyles? Passing the salt? Call it what it is....people DIE. People are DEAD!. My mother DIED of cancer 15 years ago. My father DIED 8 years ago. He died. He's dead...dead....dead.....dead. He didn't pass over anything and he didn't even step over anything. My dad stopped, he ceased to exist. Life ended. It's part of the natural world.

Are Christians allergic to the word "DEAD" or something? Geesh!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
18-08-2016, 02:21 PM
(18-08-2016 02:17 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  By the way, what the hell are people "passing over"? Candle sticks? Jump ropes? Turnstyles? Passing the salt? Call it what it is....people DIE. People are DEAD!. My mother DIED of cancer 15 years ago. My father DIED 8 years ago. He died. He's dead...dead....dead.....dead. He didn't pass over anything and he didn't even step over anything. My dad stopped, he ceased to exist. Life ended. It's part of the natural world.

Are Christians allergic to the word "DEAD" or something? Geesh!

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-08-2016, 02:26 PM
(18-08-2016 01:35 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 11:44 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Why then nobody cares to weight the dying person and his matter-leaks???

Because we're too busy mourning our loved ones, you insufferably silly person! If I was sitting at the deathbed of a friend or family member and *you* came in and wanted to conduct some daft experiment in order to prop up your specious hypothesis regarding "souls," you would be deported or defenestrated from the room with amazing alacrity and extreme prejudice (and possibly also suffer the indignity of a swift kick to the gonads as well).

The difference in mass can be very simply explained via air and possibly other gases or fluids leaving the body. If you want to prove the existence of a soul, go find one and bring it into a proper laboratory for examination.

This world needs more defenestration. Especially from upper floors.
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
18-08-2016, 02:31 PM
(18-08-2016 02:26 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 01:35 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Because we're too busy mourning our loved ones, you insufferably silly person! If I was sitting at the deathbed of a friend or family member and *you* came in and wanted to conduct some daft experiment in order to prop up your specious hypothesis regarding "souls," you would be deported or defenestrated from the room with amazing alacrity and extreme prejudice (and possibly also suffer the indignity of a swift kick to the gonads as well).

This world needs more defenestration. Especially from upper floors.
Thumbsup

Smile No defenestration below the third floor. It's a rule for damage maximization.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
18-08-2016, 02:53 PM
I dunno... I'd say even first-floor defenestration gets the message across.

I picture the guy sitting on the front lawn, cut up from a shower of glass shards, whining, "But the open door was three feet to the left of that window!"

"Yes, it was."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
18-08-2016, 03:29 PM
(17-08-2016 06:47 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The energy of Hiroshima atomic explosion is the 0.7 gram. The lost of weight during human death ranges from 2.5 to 22.4 gram (the Russian Internet Resource, and I think, that any natural leak of matter was considered and calculated). So, the really the supernatural thing is happening.

Just because your worldview is under the test - I am the Poe??? The humankind has come to mass conservation in very clever experiments: mass always conserves in chemical reactions (respect the Antoine Lavoisier). Why then nobody cares to weight the dying person and his matter-leaks???

Dear Scientist, the case is simple: state number 1: human body has mass M. State number 2: human body (together with all the leaked out fluids and gases) has mass m. Thus, the energy, which would be released into surroundings is M c^2 - m c^2. Therefore, the entire USA would be blown away. Why then not?

I am polite enough: "Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over?" I am asking not for silly-looking debates, I am asking for the links to verified research papers.

The Borg Translated :
The energy emitted from the Hiroshima atomic explosion was 0.7 grams.

The weight lost after a humans death ranges from 2.5 to 22.4 grams.

So we can say this is Supernatural!

It's so obvious. And you call me the Troll?

Everyone is is talking about this experiment.

Mass always conserves in chemical reactions (respect the Antoine Lavoisier).

Why dose nobody care that after a person dies they get lighter?

Dear Scientists, the case is simple:
State # 1: A human body has mass (M).
State # 2: A human body + fluids and gases has mass (M).
= The energy, which would be released into surroundings is M c^2 - m c^2.

Therefore, the entire USA would have been blown up!

So why hasn't it?

I'm a nice enough guy.Can you give me a scientific document that proves my point?

I not in the mood to try to explain, or defend my position. I just want you to find me links that verify my position.

(Or at least that's how I read it.)

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
18-08-2016, 03:55 PM
(17-08-2016 11:42 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Are you telling me that 1+2 is NOT purple???

Nope, it would appear to be green. Might just be my monitor though.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post