Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2016, 04:00 PM
RE: Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over?
(18-08-2016 12:41 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Dear Scientist, the case is simple: state number 1: human body has mass M. State number 2: human body (together with all the leaked out fluids and gases) has mass m. Thus, the energy, which would be released into surroundings is M c^2 - m c^2. Therefore, the entire USA would be blown away. Why then not?

As the article that I linked from Snopes shows, the two masses are identical within the very large experimental error. No mass loss has been demonstrated. If you wish to contend otherwise kindly

Provide Evidence

for your bullshit claims.

PS: If you want us to believe that you ever published anything in any peer-reviewed physics journal you'd use "m1" and "m2", or "mi" and "mf". The use of "M" and "m" would get you defenestrated by my high school physics teacher.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Paleophyte's post
18-08-2016, 04:05 PM
TheBorg wrote:
Quote: "Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over?" I am asking not for silly-looking debates, I am asking for the links to verified research papers.

If you cannot find such references, Borgy, then how fo we fo do.

You pose something that goes against the very spirit of atheism and ask us to help you verify it? I would have to view any such research through such a strong filter of scepticism that I might have trouble seeing. The concept of a "soul" is so woo out from my understanding of the Universe, built of decades of reading, observing and thinking, that it is out of sight now.

I will give you neither debate nor discusion, I will endeavour to lay out the physics that deny that which you seek. But I have offered a quick go at the requirements for a method to determine the possible loss of mass or energy from a human body at the point of death. Even that would not prove your point, how does one identify a "soul" from all other possible forms of energy, even if an anomaly is found?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
18-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Quote:Even that would not prove your point, how does one identify a "soul" from all other possible forms of energy, even if an anomaly is found?

Oh, they have these handheld meters, on ghost hunters...they have lights and needles and alarms and everything.
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
18-08-2016, 07:13 PM
(18-08-2016 12:41 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Dear Scientist, the case is simple: state number 1: human body has mass M. State number 2: human body (together with all the leaked out fluids and gases) has mass m. Thus, the energy, which would be released into surroundings is M c^2 - m c^2. Therefore, the entire USA would be blown away. Why then not?

This is—at best—the most absurd drivel I've read for a long time! Even for someone who seriously believes in the paranormal or the supernatural.

Unless you can post something intelligible and/or scientifically literate, I can only politely suggest you cease and desist. Consider

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
18-08-2016, 07:33 PM
(17-08-2016 06:56 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Of COURSE there's a 2 gram loss of weight after death.

Do you think air doesn't have mass???

There's at least a 2 gram differential in a living person's weight when compared to full intake of breath and full exhale (heavier being at full).

When you die and your lung tissue starts collapsing it's even more.

Nothing mystical going on.

Not to mention that bowels tend to empty.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-08-2016, 07:33 PM
(18-08-2016 12:59 AM)theBorg Wrote:  "Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over?" I am asking not for silly-looking debates, I am asking for the links to verified research papers.

Oh... I forgot to add. Is there any reason you're apparently unable to do your own research? Why do you repeatedly expect us to do your research? Science-based forums like this have an expectation of its members inputting their own data—not simply asking question after question like a little kid. Where's your proof supporting all your claims? Most of your responses—such as they are!—take the form of more questions LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
18-08-2016, 07:57 PM
(18-08-2016 07:33 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 12:59 AM)theBorg Wrote:  "Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over?" I am asking not for silly-looking debates, I am asking for the links to verified research papers.

Oh... I forgot to add. Is there any reason you're apparently unable to do your own research? Why do you repeatedly expect us to do your research? Science-based forums like this have an expectation of its members inputting their own data—not simply asking question after question like a little kid. Where's your proof supporting all your claims? Most of your responses—such as they are!—take the form of more questions LOL.

cos atheists are all sciency and shit, and can skim his truth off the internet for him like cream off the top of a fresh quart of milk...and then he can support his case with it, FFS
19-08-2016, 08:19 AM
(18-08-2016 07:33 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Science-based forums like this have an expectation of its members inputting their own data—not simply asking question after question like a little kid.
You made wrong judgment: I have avoided the "Science" section and put it into "Skepticism, ..., Conspiracy...".
19-08-2016, 08:24 AM
(19-08-2016 08:19 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 07:33 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Science-based forums like this have an expectation of its members inputting their own data—not simply asking question after question like a little kid.
You made wrong judgment: I have avoided the "Science" section and put it into "Skepticism, ..., Conspiracy...".

Skepticism and Conspiracy?

Well shit theBorg... I misjudged your post. You're absolutely right, then. The death of a human being has nothing to do with atomic bombs or supernatural events. That's just silly conspiracy-nut stuff.

Case solved!
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
19-08-2016, 09:11 AM

(19-08-2016 08:19 AM)theBorg Wrote:  You made wrong judgment: I have avoided the "Science" section and put it into "Skepticism, ..., Conspiracy...".

Irrelevant. It's still rude to ask a bunch of questions and toss in a bunch of sciency-sounding words, mashing together a whole bunch of theories that have little or nothing to do with the point you're trying to make.

As far as I can tell, you're trying to convince us that there's a scientific basis for your belief in souls but have no actual evidence and a very shallow understanding of science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post