Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over?
(17-08-2016 06:47 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Dear Scientist, the case is simple: state number 1: human body has mass M. State number 2: human body (together with all the leaked out fluids and gases) has mass m. Thus, the energy, which would be released into surroundings is M c^2 - m c^2. Therefore, the entire USA would be blown away. Why then not?

Okay, I'm actually going to try to answer this.

It's quite simple, theBorg: The energy is stored at the atomic level, and when a human body rots in the grave or is cremated, nothing happens to the actual atoms. There will be chemical reactions at the level of molecules through decay or burning, with old compounds broken down and new ones created, but they're using the same atoms and therefore there is no earth-shattering kaboom.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
19-08-2016, 02:16 PM
(19-08-2016 11:28 AM)Astreja Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 06:47 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Dear Scientist, the case is simple: state number 1: human body has mass M. State number 2: human body (together with all the leaked out fluids and gases) has mass m. Thus, the energy, which would be released into surroundings is M c^2 - m c^2. Therefore, the entire USA would be blown away. Why then not?

Okay, I'm actually going to try to answer this.

It's quite simple, theBorg: The energy is stored at the atomic level, and when a human body rots in the grave or is cremated, nothing happens to the actual atoms. There will be chemical reactions at the level of molecules through decay or burning, with old compounds broken down and new ones created, but they're using the same atoms and therefore there is no earth-shattering kaboom.
Yup, you said it, Astreja!

Borgy, you asked, elsewhere, where the mass/energy that was "lost" at death went.

Then you complain about scientific answers, your question required either a quick lesson in science or a single word answer: "Poof!"

I gave you the politest option there.

Now, either accept or reject our answers, asking over and again will only get you more sarcasm or worse.

THERE IS NO SOUL, THERE IS NO HEAVEN, THERE IS NO GOD.

There is no more to say.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
19-08-2016, 06:29 PM
If souls have mass then they should be attracted to other mass. That would mean that when your soul detaches at death it should fall to the center of the Earth. Dress light, you're going some place warm.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
19-08-2016, 06:34 PM
(19-08-2016 08:19 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 07:33 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Science-based forums like this have an expectation of its members inputting their own data—not simply asking question after question like a little kid.
You made wrong judgment: I have avoided the "Science" section and put it into "Skepticism, ..., Conspiracy...".

You did a piss poor job of the title and opening post then.

(17-08-2016 06:47 AM)theBorg Wrote:  I am polite enough: "Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over?" I am asking not for silly-looking debates, I am asking for the links to verified research papers.

Dishonest little twerp.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
20-08-2016, 01:59 PM
(17-08-2016 06:47 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The energy of Hiroshima atomic explosion is the 0.7 gram. The lost of weight during human death ranges from 2.5 to 22.4 gram (the Russian Internet Resource, and I think, that any natural leak of matter was considered and calculated). So, the really the supernatural thing is happening.

Sorry I'm late to the party but there is an easier way to test this ... When the soul enters the body
(I read most of the thread, so I hope I'm not repeating someone else)

Did some googling and it seems a fertilized human egg starts with a weight of approx. .0042mg to .00177mg. So even if we take your lowest number 2.5 grams, then there is no soul entering the embryo at the time of conception... quick someone tell the pope!

In fact the embryo only gets to the weight of 2 grams around week 9, so abortion before then should be cool with all you religious people.

So now we wait and watch for the moment when the embryo/fetus suddenly gains 2.5 grams of weight without a corresponding increase in mass or volume. Easy test I love it.

Big Grin

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 7 users Like unsapien's post
20-08-2016, 02:04 PM
^ Smile *****

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.