Can you logically explain to me how death gives meaning to life?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
06-10-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: Can you logically explain to me how death gives meaning to life?
(06-10-2014 11:48 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:18 AM)cjlr Wrote:  he just gives zero shits about honesty.
Everyone should be honest is fourth stance of atheism?

I can't for the life of me figure out how this is a coherent response to anything.

No, child, the fact that I, personally, find you tediously dishonest does not have anything to do with atheism.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 12:07 PM
(06-10-2014 12:00 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
Quote:Your life gets meaning from the things you do.
(06-10-2014 11:50 AM)wazzel Wrote:  I can only talk about the things that are meaningful to me.
Huh

Apparently you are not very bright if you need everything spelled out. Everyone is different. What makes me feel like my life has meaning might be totally different from what makes you feel like your life has meaning. It is not a one size fits all situation. If believing in a god does it for you, I am happy you found what gives you meaning for your life. It did nothing for me.
06-10-2014, 12:07 PM
(06-10-2014 11:53 AM)natachan Wrote:  How would you prove atheism logically inconsistent?
How would you prove the opposite
06-10-2014, 12:08 PM
(06-10-2014 11:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:40 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  3) Logic is subjective. Logic is formed by experiences, knowledge, and evidence. Not everyone is going to agree or place the same importance on those three items. Some may place experiences over evidence in terms of importance; thus, creating your own niche of "logic". The reverse is also true. Theists tend to place more credence in experience and atheists tend to place more credence in evidence. "Knowledge" is changes from person to person, day to day, so it sits somewhere in the middle. For people who place evidence higher than experiences, forming beliefs around experiences seems illogical and vice versa.

If you change 'logic' to 'reasoning', you've got a good argument.

Logic is not subjective.

Indeed; it's constructed.

... this is my signature!
06-10-2014, 12:09 PM
(06-10-2014 11:57 AM)Impulse Wrote:  and your opening post accusing parents of murdering their own children
What's wrong with that. Parents impose death and risk of suffering on their biological children without their consent. Isn't it unethical? Does atheism care about ethics?
06-10-2014, 12:09 PM
(06-10-2014 12:05 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:41 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  From 1st page of this thread http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-...nyone.html

So... one offhand reference from a single post in another forum is "atheists" (all of them, I guess...).

Right, then.

Facepalm

Facepalm.....told you

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
06-10-2014, 12:10 PM
(06-10-2014 12:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Why do the trolls ALWAYS ignore my posts? It's like I'm invisible or something... oh wait.

They ignore any post if they can't think of any snappy one liners.
Welcome back KC!

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
(06-10-2014 12:03 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:47 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  What if there were no evidence of God AND it was proved that atheism is logically inconsistent. What would you do then?
I'd go see a shrink because it's logically impossible to prove that atheism is logically inconsistent.
Please explain.
(06-10-2014 12:09 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:57 AM)Impulse Wrote:  and your opening post accusing parents of murdering their own children
What's wrong with that. Parents impose death and risk of suffering on their biological children without their consent. Isn't it unethical? Does atheism care about ethics?

lol

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-10-2014, 12:13 PM
(06-10-2014 12:09 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  What's wrong with that. Parents impose death and risk of suffering on their biological children without their consent. Isn't it unethical? Does atheism care about ethics?
Atheism is ONLY the lack of belief in god(s). So your point was...?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post