Can you logically explain to me how death gives meaning to life?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
06-10-2014, 12:13 PM
RE: Can you logically explain to me how death gives meaning to life?
(06-10-2014 12:09 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:57 AM)Impulse Wrote:  and your opening post accusing parents of murdering their own children
What's wrong with that. Parents impose death and risk of suffering on their biological children without their consent. Isn't it unethical? Does atheism care about ethics?

You might want to throw in the towel, it is obvious with a comment like that you are on the ropes flailing around just trying to hit something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like wazzel's post
06-10-2014, 12:15 PM
You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination.
Next stop
The Twilight Zone!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
06-10-2014, 12:16 PM
(06-10-2014 12:07 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:53 AM)natachan Wrote:  How would you prove atheism logically inconsistent?
How would you prove the opposite

Atheism is a stance one one issue. It is only the disbelief in God. It is not the reasons behind that. You can be an atheist because you were traumatized by a communion wafer or you can be an atheist because of well reasoned ideas. It does not have any bearing on the matter. The reasons for being an atheist might be illogical or logical, it has no bearing on simply holding the position.

How is that logically inconsistent?
06-10-2014, 12:17 PM
(06-10-2014 11:53 AM)natachan Wrote:  How would you prove atheism logically inconsistent?

Nope. This is our house. No one here has to prove anything. Its up to you to prove your argument.

But because I can tell you need help I'll explain....again....
Atheism is simply the Lack Of Belief in a god. There's nothing illogical nor evidence required for no belief.

It is BELIEF which requires reasons, evidence and argument.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
06-10-2014, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 12:24 PM by Kaepora Gaebora.)
dimaniac, from your posts, your questions are not actually coming across as inquisitive. You're not here to listen; you're here to prove a point.

Instead of asking questions over and over again and getting responses that never satisfy you, why don't you just say what is on your mind? You'll be more constructive in discussion that way instead of posting question after question.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaepora Gaebora's post
06-10-2014, 12:26 PM
(06-10-2014 11:47 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:18 AM)xieulong Wrote:  It is logical to not believe in any claim that has no good evidence. For example, you claim that there exists a god, but had no good evidence to back up your claim, so we don't believe you.
What if there were no evidence of God AND it was proved that atheism is logically inconsistent. What would you do then?

What you just said is a contradiction.
If there's no evidence for a god then atheism is the logical position to take.
If there IS evidence for a god then atheism becomes illogical.
There is no in between.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
06-10-2014, 12:33 PM
(06-10-2014 10:53 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 07:04 AM)xieulong Wrote:  Atheists don't owe you anything.
You impose your (dis)beliefs on others therefore you own proof that atheism is logical to everyone.

We don't have beliefs therefore we have nothing to impose. It's like an off tv, there's nothing there, where as theists have the tv on with the volume turned up.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-10-2014, 12:53 PM

I wouldn't. I don't believe that it's even possible to prove either that God exists or that he/she/it doesn't. So I don't waste any time or energy trying to prove either of those assertions. Given the lack of evidence for God's existence, it makes more sense (for me) not to believe. That's all. I neither have nor need a proof of that.

I don't require any proof from you either. If you believe in God, that's fine. I don't. Live and let live.
06-10-2014, 01:13 PM
(06-10-2014 11:47 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:18 AM)xieulong Wrote:  It is logical to not believe in any claim that has no good evidence. For example, you claim that there exists a god, but had no good evidence to back up your claim, so we don't believe you.
What if there were no evidence of God AND it was proved that atheism is logically inconsistent. What would you do then?

Oh my goodness... at this point, I'm thinking you're either a poe or simply cannot understand the English language.

I said atheism is the disbelief in the existence of god, due to lack of evidence provided by believers(you).
Sooooooooooooooo If you canNOT provide any evidence at all for the existence of god, then it follows that atheism is logically consistent.

Now look at your question to me:
"What if there were no evidence of God AND it was proved that atheism is logically inconsistent. What would you do then?"
How does this statement make any sense at all?

I will bet that if I post your ridiculous question over at the citydata forum, they will also laugh at you as we're laughing at you here and now.
[+] 3 users Like xieulong's post
06-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Is it odd that most theists argue pretty much the same way with almost no regard to be original and never bothering to read through this forum prior to spouting their diatribe? Wtaf?
I mean really where's the self respect?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.