Can you logically explain to me how death gives meaning to life?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
06-10-2014, 01:37 PM
RE: Can you logically explain to me how death gives meaning to life?
The book of the great Purple Unicorn says the reason for death is so that you can pass onto the next life, and there you can enjoy endless pastures, quaint babbling brooks of fresh water and all the hay you can eat as you prance around the .....

WTF really? Purpose of death? The purpose of death is the end of life. Here, below I will give you photographic evidence of the after life.

[Image: 2hcdzwy.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
06-10-2014, 02:14 PM
(06-10-2014 06:28 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  Error: logic not found.

Funny. I thought the same thing of your OP.

(06-10-2014 06:28 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  How does doing part of everything gives meaning to life? My job doesn't give me any meaning.

Doing part of everything that you don't like gives meaning to life after you've done everything else that you like. Trust me; if you spent an eternity doing only the things you like, you'd get bored, eventually.

(06-10-2014 06:28 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  Also after you have done/discovered/learned 99% of everything does last percent give meaning to life?

No. Only life gives meaning to life. However, life needs something to ascribe meaning to its life. A goal; something.

I'm not sure you and diddo97 understand how long "eternity" really is. The answer lies in the term "eternity". It lasts forever. Long after everything you've known and loved has died, you will linger on.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
06-10-2014, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 02:31 PM by RobbyPants.)
(06-10-2014 06:42 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 04:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  pssst
The universe doesn't owe you a fucking thing.
Atheists owe me proof that atheism is logical.

Atheism is not believing in gods; it's a neutral stance. Why is belief in one or more gods logical?

Do you have any non-presuppositional evidence that any gods exist? If not, then atheism would seem to be logical, don't you think?
06-10-2014, 02:34 PM
(05-10-2014 02:49 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  LOGICALLY!

You're not interested in logic, you're just JAQ'ing off.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
06-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Well now we know any "meaning of life....or death" is going to be the same ol same ol.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
06-10-2014, 04:47 PM
(06-10-2014 06:40 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 03:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The more you have of something the less valuable it is.
Then why not end your life at 20 with euthanasia, life will be even more valuable.

Where's the magic number 20 come from?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
06-10-2014, 04:48 PM
(06-10-2014 11:47 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:18 AM)xieulong Wrote:  It is logical to not believe in any claim that has no good evidence. For example, you claim that there exists a god, but had no good evidence to back up your claim, so we don't believe you.
What if there were no evidence of God AND it was proved that atheism is logically inconsistent. What would you do then?

Seeing as how it has already been shown that it IS logical that's a fucking useless question now isn't it? It's like you don't even understand what atheism is.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
06-10-2014, 04:50 PM
(06-10-2014 06:28 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 02:55 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
Error: logic not found.
How does doing part of everything gives meaning to life? My job doesn't give me any meaning.
Also after you have done/discovered/learned 99% of everything does last percent give meaning to life?

Who has done that?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
06-10-2014, 04:55 PM
(06-10-2014 12:10 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 12:03 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I'd go see a shrink because it's logically impossible to prove that atheism is logically inconsistent.
Please explain.

I already did you fucking idiot.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
06-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Diddles meet Dim - Dim meet Diddles - now go off and annoy each other with your endless nonsense.

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post