Can you logically explain to me how death gives meaning to life?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
07-10-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: Can you logically explain to me how death gives meaning to life?
(07-10-2014 01:57 PM)Luminon Wrote:  BTW, what do you think about Hiroshima and Nagasaki? These cities were bombed when Japan already capitulated.

FALSE.

Where the fuck do you learn your history? Because it's all completely wrong. Every time.

(07-10-2014 01:57 PM)Luminon Wrote:  The only condition they had was if they were allowed to keep an emperor.

And all their pre-war territory. And no indemnities. And no guilt clause. And no war crimes trials (the occupying Japanese forces committed plenty). And so on. These were communicated primarily to the Soviets and only occurred weeks before the eventual surrender.

But, you know, real history's for chumps.

(07-10-2014 01:57 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America said, "Nope! Kaboom! Kaboom!" Lots of people dead and irradiated.

The nuclear bombs caused less destruction than the sum total of the other bombing raids on Japan.

American policy - in complete concert with the UK and USSR - had already been, for years, seeking unconditional surrender of the axis powers.

PS: Japan started the war. As bloody, rapacious, and genocidal a war as has ever been fought.

But I guess since they asked nicely it would have been better to just go home after seven years and millions dead and call a mulligan on the whole thing. Because, you know, that's how diplomacy works.

(07-10-2014 01:57 PM)Luminon Wrote:  And who has led Japan since soon after? An emperor. And who was charged with war crimes for piloting the airplane Enola Gay and bombing the two cities? Nobody, all heroes.

That's because it wasn't a war crime. You not liking something does not make it criminal. Both were valid military targets under contemporary reasoning and knowledge.

Incidentally, the plane that dropped the bomb on Hiroshima was the Enola Gay. The plane that dropped the bomb on Nagasaki was the Bockscar. It's like you can't go two clauses in a row without making a fundamental factual error.

Read a book, ol' Lumi. Read a fucking book.

(07-10-2014 01:57 PM)Luminon Wrote:  So please don't tell me that anarchy is dangerous. It's not, if you think about it more than for a minute.

What a vacuous self-satisfied non-answer.

(07-10-2014 01:57 PM)Luminon Wrote:  You might also hear out the author, since you seem to be interested about perils of the nuclear energy.

http://media.freedomainradio.com/feed/FD...eapons.mp3
Stefan Molyneux answers listener questions about jail without the state, how essential services will be funded, deforestation, ocean pollution, owning weapons, copyright, the ethics of paparazzi and more!

Http://media.freedomainradio.com/feed/FD...vealed.mp3
Japan's recent disasters only serve to remind us of the economic realities of nuclear technology - one of the most dangerous government programs in the world. Sources: http://www.fdrurl.com/nuclear

PEACE BE TO GREAT PROPHET MOLYNEUX! Bring His word to the unbelievers!

You're a joke.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
07-10-2014, 02:37 PM
(07-10-2014 02:34 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 01:57 PM)Luminon Wrote:  BTW, what do you think about Hiroshima and Nagasaki? These cities were bombed when Japan already capitulated.

FALSE.

Where the fuck do you learn your history? Because it's all completely wrong. Every time.

(07-10-2014 01:57 PM)Luminon Wrote:  The only condition they had was if they were allowed to keep an emperor.

And all their pre-war territory. And no indemnities. And no guilt clause. And no war crimes trials (the occupying Japanese forces committed plenty). And so on. These were communicated primarily to the Soviets and only occurred weeks before the eventual surrender.

(07-10-2014 01:57 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America said, "Nope! Kaboom! Kaboom!" Lots of people dead and irradiated.

The nuclear bombs caused less destruction than the sum total of the other bombing raids on Japan.

American policy - in complete concert with the UK and USSR - had already been, for years, seeking unconditional surrender of the axis powers.

PS: Japan started the war. As bloody, rapacious, and genocidal a war as has ever been fought.

But I guess since they asked nicely it would have been better to just go home after seven years and millions dead and call a mulligan on the whole thing. Because, you know, that's how diplomacy works.

(07-10-2014 01:57 PM)Luminon Wrote:  And who has led Japan since soon after? An emperor. And who was charged with war crimes for piloting the airplane Enola Gay and bombing the two cities? Nobody, all heroes.

That's because it wasn't a war crime. You not liking something does not make it criminal. Both were valid military targets under contemporary reasoning and knowledge.

Incidentally, the plane that dropped the bomb on Hiroshima was the Enola Gay. The plane that dropped the bomb on Nagasaki was the Bockscar. It's like you can't go two clauses in a row without making a fundamental factual error.

(07-10-2014 01:57 PM)Luminon Wrote:  So please don't tell me that anarchy is dangerous. It's not, if you think about it more than for a minute.

(07-10-2014 01:57 PM)Luminon Wrote:  You might also hear out the author, since you seem to be interested about perils of the nuclear energy.

http://media.freedomainradio.com/feed/FD...eapons.mp3
Stefan Molyneux answers listener questions about jail without the state, how essential services will be funded, deforestation, ocean pollution, owning weapons, copyright, the ethics of paparazzi and more!

Http://media.freedomainradio.com/feed/FD...vealed.mp3
Japan's recent disasters only serve to remind us of the economic realities of nuclear technology - one of the most dangerous government programs in the world. Sources: http://www.fdrurl.com/nuclear

You're a joke.

And the audience claps.....loudly!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
07-10-2014, 02:40 PM
(07-10-2014 02:37 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 02:34 PM)cjlr Wrote:  FALSE.

You're a joke.

And the audience claps.....loudly!

Since ol' Lumi here has decided to be a pissy 12 year old and ignore me (and my nastly little facts intruding on his fantasies), would you be so kind as to raise the above points to his attention?

I know it's no use, but a man can dream.

07-10-2014, 03:58 PM
(07-10-2014 02:40 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Since ol' Lumi here has decided to be a pissy 12 year old and ignore me (and my nastly little facts intruding on his fantasies), would you be so kind as to raise the above points to his attention?

What points? What do they actually positively mean? Blink (besides me being stupid and wrong yadda yadda)
Are you some kind of Francis Fukuyama fan? Is western type democracy and law the final answer to all mankind's social needs?
07-10-2014, 04:16 PM
(07-10-2014 03:58 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 02:40 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Since ol' Lumi here has decided to be a pissy 12 year old and ignore me (and my nastly little facts intruding on his fantasies), would you be so kind as to raise the above points to his attention?

What points? What do they actually positively mean? Blink (besides me being stupid and wrong yadda yadda)

The part where everything you said about the atomic bombing of Japan was factually incorrect? That's not some irrelevant triviality. You chose to raise an example in service to your nonsensical conclusion; that example was wholly wrong.

I mean, most sane people would think that that kind of thing might just affect their conclusions.

If nothing else, if you were even remotely honest (you're not) you'd acknowledge how ill-informed you are.

(07-10-2014 03:58 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Are you some kind of Francis Fukuyama fan? Is western type democracy and law the final answer to all mankind's social needs?

A) no
B) what kind of insane non sequitur response is that?

Shine on, you crazy diamond; you and your cum-stained portrait of your Great Prophet Molyneux (pbuh).

[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
07-10-2014, 04:38 PM
(07-10-2014 03:58 PM)Luminon Wrote:  

Are you some kind of Francis Fukuyama fan? Is western type democracy and law the final answer to all mankind's social needs?

"According to Fukuyama, since the French Revolution, democracy has repeatedly proven to be a
fundamentally better system (ethically, politically, economically) than any of the alternatives."

No other form of government that has been tried has been better. Maybe there is something better, but you have not proposed a realistic alternative.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-10-2014, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 06:11 PM by Luminon.)
(07-10-2014 04:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  "According to Fukuyama, since the French Revolution, democracy has repeatedly proven to be a
fundamentally better system (ethically, politically, economically) than any of the alternatives."

No other form of government that has been tried has been better. Maybe there is something better, but you have not proposed a realistic alternative.
Has been tried? I don't think people actually try governments in some kind of systematic trial. It's pretty much hand me down power and tax structure, same shit, different assholes. Voters are incapable of learning from their mistakes, as seen from the seesaw two party domination of USA.
Also, I'm not sure we've even agreed on what are criteria for a realistic alternative. That presumes that the present system is realistic, which it is not. Many trillion worth national debt of the US is going to pull down the global economy. Either that, or you would have to make a case that debt can climb endlessly and money can be printed endlessly without negative consequences. Economy is the reality, governments can not permanently defy its laws.
What I say is not if, it's when. And it's the best case scenario.
07-10-2014, 06:19 PM
(07-10-2014 06:00 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 04:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  "According to Fukuyama, since the French Revolution, democracy has repeatedly proven to be a

Has been tried? I don't think people actually try governments in some kind of systematic trial.

Which has what to do with anything?

Quote:It's pretty much hand me down power and tax structure, same shit, different assholes. Voters are incapable of learning from their mistakes, as seen from the seesaw two party domination of USA.

Which means the extent of your historical knowledge is less than a century and covers one country?

Quote:Also, I'm not sure we've even agreed on what are criteria for a realistic alternative.

Actually, Fukuyama only referred to those that actually have been tried. Not yours.

Quote:That presumes that the present system is realistic, which it is not.

The present systems are real. So, there's that.

Quote: Many trillion worth national debt of the US is going to pull down the global economy.
[/quote

You've already demonstrated your actual knowledge of the U.S. is solely what you prophet Molyneux (piss be upon him) tells you.

[quote]
Either that, or you would have to make a case that debt can climb endlessly and money can be printed endlessly without negative consequences.

What the actual fuck are you talking about? Why would I have made any case of any kind about something that isn't part of this issue?

Quote:Economy is the reality, governments can not permanently defy its laws.
What I say is not if, it's when. And it's the best case scenario.

There are no economic laws. It is a human invention.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Can someone explain to me, logically, why a wet fart can't be trusted?
08-10-2014, 12:02 AM
(07-10-2014 06:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are no economic laws. It is a human invention.

Blink OK, prove it, send me your money.
Well, there are no economic laws in the public sector where you probably spent your whole career, it's all paid by theft, not by economy Drinking Beverage