Can you logically explain to me how death gives meaning to life?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-10-2014, 04:18 AM
RE: Can you logically explain to me how death gives meaning to life?
I ain't down repped you ever or anything so don't take this as a personal attack it's meant to be constructive criticism. This, this right here, is why you are not taken seriously Luminon. You try to make EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THREAD you enter about the same goddamn subject and it's just. so. damn. tedious. Look at the Thread Title, take the moment and scroll up to the top if you have to it's fine, what is this thread about? Is it about economics or Libertarianism? Dude seriously, constructive criticism, you do this all the time and it makes it look like you are only capable of talking about one subject ever.

Just stop man. It's all good, just stop.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
08-10-2014, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2014 06:00 AM by Chas.)
(08-10-2014 12:02 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 06:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are no economic laws. It is a human invention.

Blink OK, prove it, send me your money.
Well, there are no economic laws in the public sector where you probably spent your whole career, it's all paid by theft, not by economy Drinking Beverage

You have just intentionally conflated two meanings of the word law. Is there no limit to your dishonesty?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
08-10-2014, 07:10 AM
(08-10-2014 12:02 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Well, there are no economic laws in the public sector where you probably spent your whole career, it's all paid by theft, not by economy Drinking Beverage

Public spending via taxation is still technically part of economics. It involves the flow of money. It's just not your favorite variety of "free market" economics.

When you use the term "economy" to mean "the free market", it just ends up confusing everyone else who doesn't use the word in the non-standard way you do.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
08-10-2014, 07:43 AM
(08-10-2014 07:10 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  When you use the term "economy" to mean "the free market", it just ends up confusing everyone else who doesn't use the word in the non-standard way you do.

Oh don't mind us. We're not clever enough to follow ol' Lumi's argument anyway. Keep getting stuck at the point where he says the reason the world is fucked up is because little boys get spanked (let's not forget that he has previously avowed that it's ultimately all down to the evil mothers who do these terrible things).

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-10-2014, 07:51 AM
(06-10-2014 11:01 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 08:18 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Also, I have no idea what you're getting at with the second half of your sentence. It seems completely off topic from what you were saying.
Atheism should be logically consistent, don't you think so?

It is. Explain to me what you think is logically inconsistent about it.
08-10-2014, 09:35 AM
(08-10-2014 04:18 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I ain't down repped you ever or anything so don't take this as a personal attack it's meant to be constructive criticism. This, this right here, is why you are not taken seriously Luminon. You try to make EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THREAD you enter about the same goddamn subject and it's just. so. damn. tedious. Look at the Thread Title, take the moment and scroll up to the top if you have to it's fine, what is this thread about? Is it about economics or Libertarianism? Dude seriously, constructive criticism, you do this all the time and it makes it look like you are only capable of talking about one subject ever.

Well, I did post about the meaning of life. Did anybody follow? Is anybody here interested about other people's thoughts on meaning of life? Do other people have any thoughts on the meaning of life, besides "nope, it's not science, stfu"?
08-10-2014, 09:42 AM
(08-10-2014 09:35 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 04:18 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I ain't down repped you ever or anything so don't take this as a personal attack it's meant to be constructive criticism. This, this right here, is why you are not taken seriously Luminon. You try to make EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THREAD you enter about the same goddamn subject and it's just. so. damn. tedious. Look at the Thread Title, take the moment and scroll up to the top if you have to it's fine, what is this thread about? Is it about economics or Libertarianism? Dude seriously, constructive criticism, you do this all the time and it makes it look like you are only capable of talking about one subject ever.

Well, I did post about the meaning of life. Did anybody follow? Is anybody here interested about other people's thoughts on meaning of life? Do other people have any thoughts on the meaning of life, besides "nope, it's not science, stfu"?

No, there's plenty of topics discussed here upon the meaning of life in many types of questioning, and never overall dismissed for not being science. You're continually disingenuous which makes responding to any attempted serious topic of yours not respectable.

Mainly your threads and ideas were dismissed because of your consistency arrogant attitude of proclaiming you already have answers figured out but yet you don't seem to be confide in them or you rather would be intellectually dishonest.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
08-10-2014, 10:43 AM

You just haven't been around long enough.

Ol' Lumi used to obsess endless about his personal etheric body dark matter plasma incoherent woo woo lol conspiracy trollercoaster.

Whether his newfound role as Apostle to the Prophet Molyneux (pbuh) is an improvement or not is, of course, a matter of opinion.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
08-10-2014, 11:01 AM
(08-10-2014 10:43 AM)cjlr Wrote:  

You just haven't been around long enough.

Ol' Lumi used to obsess endless about his personal etheric body dark matter plasma incoherent woo woo lol conspiracy trollercoaster.

Whether his newfound role as Apostle to the Prophet Molyneux (pbuh) is an improvement or not is, of course, a matter of opinion.

No, quite the opposite - it's a turn to the dark side.

He used to be such a happy loon, but now ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
08-10-2014, 11:07 AM
(08-10-2014 11:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 10:43 AM)cjlr Wrote:  You just haven't been around long enough.

No, quite the opposite - it's a turn to the dark side.

He used to be such a happy loon, but now ...

Indeed, I used to really like Luminon despite his crazy theory. Now he is just the worst excuse for a simpering troll.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post