Can you logically explain to me how death gives meaning to life?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
06-10-2014, 11:18 AM
RE: Can you logically explain to me how death gives meaning to life?
(06-10-2014 10:53 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 07:04 AM)xieulong Wrote:  Atheists don't owe you anything.
You impose your (dis)beliefs on others therefore you own proof that atheism is logical to everyone.

No one is imposing their "disbelief" on others. We simply do not believe silly claims.

It is logical to not believe in any claim that has no good evidence. For example, you claim that there exists a god, but had no good evidence to back up your claim, so we don't believe you. Which part of that was hard for you to understand?

Now, if you can present good evidence for your god, any atheist worth their salt will become believers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 11:18 AM
(06-10-2014 11:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 10:50 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  Wow, that is VERY strange logic. You are basically saying that a world with infinite air, water and food supplies is WORSE than a world with scarce resources. Are you sure you thought it through? It kinda makes atheists look like masochists.Undecided

No, he didn't say that. He said those things would not be valued as highly by people.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

Oh, he understands, he just gives zero shits about honesty.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
06-10-2014, 11:22 AM
It's interesting that you're being called a troll in the link that you provided to another board.

And then this:

(06-10-2014 06:42 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  Atheists owe me proof that atheism is logical.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... Drinking Beverage
(Very logical, wouldn't you say?)

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
06-10-2014, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 11:41 AM by WitchSabrina.)
(06-10-2014 11:01 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 08:18 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Also, I have no idea what you're getting at with the second half of your sentence. It seems completely off topic from what you were saying.
Atheism should be logically consistent, don't you think so?

Atheism IS logically consistent. It is simply the absence of a belief in a god.
Theres nothing illogical about that.

I think you're projecting your own beliefs to attempt a definition you feel matters to everyone. That only lowers your ability to comprehend what is explained to you.

No one here has to prove anything to you.
Who are you that anyone here should struggle to educate?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
06-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Wow. Having read that thread (thank you for the heads up by the way impulse:thumbsupSmile and reading your disingenuous conversation here it's very clear the OP is a raging asshole. Wonderful we need another one of those cause HJ isn't enough.

@Op you have gotten so many things wrong, so so many, in both that thread and your assorted posts here that if you had just slapped your keyboard 3 times randomly you would be closer to having a cogent and correct thought. Chance would have been a better way of doing things then whatever you call "thinking".

It's no wonder your a creationist.Hobo

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
06-10-2014, 11:33 AM
(06-10-2014 11:05 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:01 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Define "meaning" for us, then.
Ask atheists that say that death gives meaning to life

As a theist, you owe me an explanation as to why pineapples give meaning to math. LOGICALLY.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 3 users Like guitar_nut's post
06-10-2014, 11:34 AM
(06-10-2014 11:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If you *need* to look to something external for that, it just says how little you know yourself.
Please explain
06-10-2014, 11:40 AM
1) As the this horse has been beat, "meaning" is entirely subjective and can be changing.
2) No group of peoples owes any other group of peoples, regardless of any circumstances, anything. Actions of an individual =/= actions of a whole.
3) Logic is subjective. Logic is formed by experiences, knowledge, and evidence. Not everyone is going to agree or place the same importance on those three items. Some may place experiences over evidence in terms of importance; thus, creating your own niche of "logic". The reverse is also true. Theists tend to place more credence in experience and atheists tend to place more credence in evidence. "Knowledge" is changes from person to person, day to day, so it sits somewhere in the middle. For people who place evidence higher than experiences, forming beliefs around experiences seems illogical and vice versa.
4)
Miss me, heathens?
5) This is really just a fly by, so no "welcome back" parties. I'm just stopping in.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
06-10-2014, 11:40 AM
(06-10-2014 11:22 AM)Impulse Wrote:  It's interesting that you're being called a troll in the link that you provided to another board.

And then this:

(06-10-2014 06:42 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  Atheists owe me proof that atheism is logical.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... Drinking Beverage
(Very logical, wouldn't you say?)

HAHA So he got his ass kicked here, then went there to get support, but got his ass kicked there, too?

Too funny.
[+] 2 users Like xieulong's post
06-10-2014, 11:41 AM
(06-10-2014 11:14 AM)cjlr Wrote:  and you are completely unable to provide examples of some who do
From 1st page of this thread http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-...nyone.html