Can you logically explain to me how death gives meaning to life?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
06-10-2014, 11:53 AM
RE: Can you logically explain to me how death gives meaning to life?
(06-10-2014 11:51 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:22 AM)Impulse Wrote:  It's interesting that you're being called a troll in
I wasn't trolling I was just asking obvious questions moderator probably thought they were too intense

Yeah.
That's it. You're way too intense.

*Facepalm*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
(06-10-2014 11:30 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  No one here has to prove anything to you.
Why should Christians prove anything to you?
(06-10-2014 11:47 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:18 AM)xieulong Wrote:  It is logical to not believe in any claim that has no good evidence. For example, you claim that there exists a god, but had no good evidence to back up your claim, so we don't believe you.
What if there were no evidence of God AND it was proved that atheism is logically inconsistent. What would you do then?

How would you do that? How would you prove atheism logically inconsistent? If there is no God then there is no God. Nothing else follows. If there is then there is. It impacts nothing else.
06-10-2014, 11:55 AM
(06-10-2014 11:53 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:30 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  No one here has to prove anything to you.
Why should Christians prove anything to you?

Um
I never really ask christians to prove anything.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
06-10-2014, 11:57 AM
(06-10-2014 11:51 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:22 AM)Impulse Wrote:  It's interesting that you're being called a troll in
I wasn't trolling I was just asking obvious questions moderator probably thought they were too intense
Oh silly me. With a thread title like "How to destroy atheism without beheading anyone" and your opening post accusing parents of murdering their own children, now why would they think you were trolling...? Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
06-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Quote:Your life gets meaning from the things you do.
(06-10-2014 11:50 AM)wazzel Wrote:  I can only talk about the things that are meaningful to me.
Huh
06-10-2014, 12:03 PM
(06-10-2014 11:47 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  What if there were no evidence of God AND it was proved that atheism is logically inconsistent. What would you do then?
I'd go see a shrink because it's logically impossible to prove that atheism is logically inconsistent.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
06-10-2014, 12:04 PM
(06-10-2014 11:47 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  ... AND it was proved that atheism is logically inconsistent. What would you do then?

Not going to happen in any way that doesn't rely upon equivocation, dodgy premises and leaps of logic.

Why?

Because you are not going to find a way of mapping the real world to a logical proof in a way that everyone agrees upon.

The real world is complex and noisy and consists of many exceptions. Logic is used to reason about highly constrained, simplified and often artificial environments (for want of a better word).

Atheism is just a state of being. It's like trying to prove that not stamp collecting is logically inconsistent.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
06-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Why do the trolls ALWAYS ignore my posts? It's like I'm invisible or something... oh wait.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
06-10-2014, 12:05 PM
(06-10-2014 11:41 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 11:14 AM)cjlr Wrote:  and you are completely unable to provide examples of some who do
From 1st page of this thread http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-...nyone.html

So... one offhand reference from a single post in another forum is "atheists" (all of them, I guess...).

Right, then.

Facepalm

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post