Can you officially leave the catholic church?.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: Can you officially leave the catholic church?.
(08-09-2012 08:08 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 08:01 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I'd prefer to keep lawyers out of this, since they cost money and i'm an unemployed student.Weeping Big Grin

So if I write and ask, they should remove me from their records preferably with some form of confirmation that it happened?

you could always go and ask them how to make it, dress up really serious and they shouldn't make any problem.. I'll try to find out something more

EDIT: here you go, maybe this helps http://shakingofftheweirdness.blogspot.c...ction.html
I did some research and Defection was abolished by the Catholic Church in 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_act_...lic_Church
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2012, 10:00 PM
(08-09-2012 06:55 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I called the pope a nazi to a priest once, but he just laughed Undecided
Well... he probably thought you were flirting, you coy thing. Wink

(08-09-2012 06:55 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I'd prefer to keep lawyers out of this, since they cost money and i'm an unemployed student.

Often, colleges and universities make legal advice available and free to the student body. Check with admissions where you might encounter these services. If admissions says they do not provide such services, find the law school on your campus and go there. Those smarty pants' are snapping at the bit to use their brain cells for something other than figuring out how to score a pile of the latest designer drug... Consider although, maybe not.

Anyway, those guys love law puzzles and this sounds like something controversial enough for some law geek to want to sink their teeth into. You might even meet a hot law school student with nothing to do, who will probably thing you're all deep and complicated. Meet some new people, let the world know there's a hot-shit atheist in town, and get the church off your back; seems like a winning situation all around to me. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
09-09-2012, 06:20 AM
I'd say take the simple route and xerox a copy of your ass and mail it to the bishop but, he may just appreciate it!

ZING!!! Painfully obvious joke is obvious. Tongue
09-09-2012, 03:46 PM
The photocopying my ass may or may not work depending on what the bishops personal preference is Tongue.
We recently got a new archbishop Phillip Tartaglia. But both him and his predecessor are homophobic scum. Both took part in trying to stir up shit against the gay marriage debate that's going on now. So he will be a hardcore catholic, so i don't know how successful a letter asking to be removed will do.

Even more disturbing is I found out the catholic church has an office in the Scottish parliament.. This is on their website
Quote:The Bishops’ Conference of Scotland have established the Catholic Church’s Parliamentary Office to aid the Church in contributing to the work of the Parliament in accordance with the principles of the Church’s Social Teaching.

I knew the church had some sway to an extent. But didn't know they had any kind of real presence in government. Which is yet another reason to make it clear they do not have my support.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
09-09-2012, 05:02 PM
(08-09-2012 06:55 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 06:52 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  There must be a way to get ex-communicated for heresy. That's even better than "leaving". Thumbsup

I called the pope a nazi to a priest once, but he just laughed Undecided

"Hahahaha... don't tell anyone."

It went a little somethin' like dis, "Hahahaha, you inquisitive little shit. Why you thinkin' today, don't you have school or somethin' anyway?"

I told him he was baked, sorta like da guy always arrived at the church late. Small little eyes and pupils, eyes, dilate.

Den da motha fucka gave me some dope, told me dis is all you need to balieve in da Pope.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
10-09-2012, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 12:13 AM by Janus.)
(08-09-2012 06:17 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I was baptised a Roman catholic. Went through all the magic ceremonies, like the splashing magic water onto you to wash away something that had nothing to do with me. To the pretending to commit an act of cannibalism one where you eat 'bread' that looks and tastes suspiciously like cardboard, thats meant to be the body of an ancient zombie.
To the making shit up and then asking for forgiveness one and confirmation, (which was the more pointless one from what I could tell). And even went to 2 catholic schools, despite being what I now know was an atheist for most of that time.

Anyway I was browsing the internets. After wading through a sea of cat pictures and over used memes. I came across several cases of people being officially removed from the catholic church's records as a member. Some got a certificate and some got a letter.

Apparently the church keeps a record of their members even if they no longer attend mass, and use it for various things statistics etc.

Before, I thought stuff where you undid your former religion, like de baptism ceremonies were pointless. But knowing that an organisation I find vile can still use me as a statistic for their own gains kinda pisses me off.

Does anyone know how you can officially get yourself removed from the church's records? The info i've found so far hasn't been very helpful.

If Google and others lie about destroying millions of illegal records (the Streetview case) they swiped off of your WiFi networks, then what makes you think those lying hypocrites in the Vatican won't? Whatever they say. And especially if they seal it with a Papal decree, letter, and ritual mass.

Quote:I like the idea of a letter or certificate or something to confirm it so I can frame it and stick it on my wall. Big Grin

How many do you want?

That's how e.g. the Reverend Minister Dr. Kent Hovind, PhD., got his academic distinctions too, so it must be on the level. And convenient too, via mailorder. All you have to do is send in 12 coupons off the backs of cereal boxes and complete a Xtian slogan.
Oh and another famous alumna: Sarah Palin!
And about half of the guys and gals in Congress, representing the American voters and taxpayers.
10-09-2012, 02:43 AM
Ok, so I've been reading the Codes of cannon law http://www.vatican.va/archive/cdc/index.htm and the Omnium in Mentes resolution and the previous one about defection. Though they abolished the Formal defection thingy, you can still ask to make an anotation or something like that in their registries as you're a capable person and it would be just like some standard legal act. You'll have to go to your christening church or your archiepiscopate to make the act (is better than a letter) and you'll probably could ask for some sort of stamped receipt or something to prove it by law Wink

btw... you guys should read those cannon laws! they're hilarious! Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
10-09-2012, 06:12 AM
Just substitute "church" for "lover".

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-09-2012, 02:01 PM
(10-09-2012 12:05 AM)Janus Wrote:  How many do you want?

Just the one.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
10-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Here ya go:

[Image: CertificateofRetirementFSM_scot.jpg]

Of course you'll have to get those signatures yourself.
[+] 2 users Like Janus's post