Can you officially leave the catholic church?.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Can you officially leave the catholic church?.
Lose your job and end up homeless on the street. Bastards won't even give you a shit, shower and shave let alone a meal and a bed. ... wait ... that might be the Evangelicals. ... maybe both. Consider

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2015, 06:00 PM
(25-05-2015 01:43 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  While you may be able to be removed from the registry for statistics purposes you cannot really leave the church. Once you have been baptized you are considered part of the visible church. That's why we only ever baptize once. All you guys would just be fallen away Catholics.

According to the Wholly Sacramental Boiling, you are a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I see that your name is on our list.

Your name cannot be removed - you are a member for eternity. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Send the pope a certified letter than says "I quit" in Latin.

Or, was it "Fuck Off?"

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
25-05-2015, 08:33 PM
I looked into getting officially dropped or excommunicated. It seems that they no longer actually do that. Unfortunately, the Vatican will forever think of me as one of theirs.

I may keep looking into it. Or just say fuck it, considering that once we die, the Mormons baptize us. I wonder if the two holy waters will even mix.
25-05-2015, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2015 09:05 PM by jennybee.)
(25-05-2015 08:33 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I looked into getting officially dropped or excommunicated. It seems that they no longer actually do that. Unfortunately, the Vatican will forever think of me as one of theirs.

I may keep looking into it. Or just say fuck it, considering that once we die, the Mormons baptize us. I wonder if the two holy waters will even mix.

You could try this...catholic style Tongue

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-fe...ies-287107

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-05-2015, 12:06 AM
(25-05-2015 08:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-05-2015 08:33 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I looked into getting officially dropped or excommunicated. It seems that they no longer actually do that. Unfortunately, the Vatican will forever think of me as one of theirs.

You could try this...catholic style Tongue

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-fe...ies-287107

Not particularly relevant but the article mentioned the Blair Witch project and that reminded me that the place where I'm staying in BC was the farm where they filmed the exorcism of Emily Rose.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
[+] 1 user Likes TarzanSmith's post
26-05-2015, 05:16 AM
My brother did more research on it before I did. It seems that they don't actually excommunicate people. I thought about writing to the local bishop. My brother said others have tried, but they don't do it. So technically I'll be counted amongst the Catholic fold forever.
26-05-2015, 05:29 AM
(26-05-2015 05:16 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  My brother did more research on it before I did. It seems that they don't actually excommunicate people. I thought about writing to the local bishop. My brother said others have tried, but they don't do it. So technically I'll be counted amongst the Catholic fold forever.

You can't even leave the fold by apostasy or so church claims - „Semel catholicus, semper catholicus”. Though I would say it's just as valid as me baptising you now in the name of Cthulhu and saying that your soul belong to him for eternity Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.