Can you score a 5 in Advanced Placement (AP) Biology?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2016, 03:50 PM

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/bi...i600005121

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2016, 03:56 PM
RE: Can you score a 5 in Advanced Placement (AP) Biology?
Since it won't give me question 2 after I finished question 1, probably not. Tongue

More seriously though, I'm not sure. I was in AP Biology back in high school and I did pretty well. It has been a while though (11 years since I graduated). If you don't use it, you lose it.
[+] 2 users Like Jesster's post
13-10-2016, 04:23 PM
(13-10-2016 03:56 PM)Jesster Wrote:  Since it won't give me question 2 after I finished question 1, probably not. Tongue

More seriously though, I'm not sure. I was in AP Biology back in high school and I did pretty well. It has been a while though (11 years since I graduated). If you don't use it, you lose it.

I was in AP Biology too Thumbsup Nerd chest bump Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
13-10-2016, 04:35 PM
Well, through 10 questions I got six right (actually seven but my fat thumb pushed the wrong answer once) and I was stoked. But I have to admit, once Question 11 came up I was done. Too many questions and I'm not that curious.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2016, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2016 09:31 PM by Fireball.)
28/35. Not bad for a physics guy who took Biology in 1967.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
13-10-2016, 08:10 PM
What's a 5?

I got 31 of 35.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-10-2016, 08:17 PM
22/35 and I got lucky on two or three of them. I guess I need to read more on the subject, but its not so bad for a history teacher (molecular biology was especially challenging, while the last ten question where extremely easy).

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
13-10-2016, 09:27 PM
Got #4 wrong in a guess between two answers.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
13-10-2016, 09:29 PM
(13-10-2016 09:27 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Got #4 wrong in a guess between two answers.

Never noticed the score they gave, were the questions graded in some way I wonder.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
13-10-2016, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2016 09:33 PM by Fireball.)
(13-10-2016 08:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  What's a 5?

I got 31 of 35.

Bowing 5 is what is used for calculation of a high school student's GPA if they take an AP class, as opposed to the usual 4 for an "A". An "A" student who takes AP classes can have a GPA greater than 4.0, on this basis. My middle son had a 4.33 GPA, IIRC. He took Calculus and Physics Mechanics that required Calculus in high school. I sure wish that had been available when I was in high school, ca 50 YA. I took independent study (computer programming and linear algebra) in my senior year, but it only counted on a 4.0 grading scale.