Can you wield a sword ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Can you wield a sword ?
And if you need a job, they need beheaders in Saudi Arabia. Get cracking. Apparently there's quite the shortage of beheaders in the land of Allah, peace be upon him, (or whatever they say). Chop chop.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-5757...eheadings/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2013, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 11:18 PM by aurora.)
RE: Can you wield a sword ?
No but I can tame them! Tongue

Seriously, it's a good thing they've got a shortage. Probably won't make any difference, tho.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
10-03-2013, 11:15 PM
"The authoritative daily Al-Watan says in its Sunday edition that the ministerial committee is considering fatal shootings as an alternative."

[font=Georgia, Time New Roman, serif]So we're going from mid evil to wild west. [/font]

Just an outsider looking inn.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxcanine1's post
10-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Sign in the window of the Saudi Justice Department:

HELP WANTED:
Psychopaths Inquire Within

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like bbeljefe's post
10-03-2013, 11:40 PM
(10-03-2013 11:15 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  "The authoritative daily Al-Watan says in its Sunday edition that the ministerial committee is considering fatal shootings as an alternative."

[font=Georgia, Time New Roman, serif]So we're going from mid evil to wild west. [/font]
Wow, apparently I screwed that last one up. Here's to a lesson learned. Unsure

What I meant was so they went from midevil to wild west. At least the're making some progress.

Just an outsider looking inn.
11-03-2013, 12:46 AM
You know, they might not be too terribly wrong here.

Murder and rape, mandatory death sentence for people convicted. I'm not sure I would oppose that myself. Drug trafficking and armed robbery, not so much.

Less than 80 executions per year for the last couple years. Either:

They have a much lower population than I thought
They are really bad at catching murderers, rapists, armed robbers, and drug traffickers
They are really bad at convicting murderers, rapists, armed robbers, and drug traffickers
or
They don't have very many murderers, rapists, armed robbers, and drug traffickers

If it's the last one, then maybe their system is working better than mine - at least their citizens seem relatively well protected by these laws.

By way of comparison, Saudi Arabia has 28 million people, Texas has 26 million people, pretty close.
Saudi, 2011: 79 convictions TOTAL for all 4 offenses.
Texas, 2011: 36,933 convictions for just the first three (not including drug trafficking)
Murder 1,089
Rape 7,445
Armed Robbery 28,399

I'm not sure their system is all that bad after all. Not saying it's great either, but maybe we could learn something from it.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
11-03-2013, 01:37 AM
Huh. I could do this gig no problem. I wonder if they would let me use my own sword?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
11-03-2013, 02:04 AM
Beheading is such a boring way to execute people, so is shooting and injections.

Can I vivisect the people instead?

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
11-03-2013, 02:52 AM
(11-03-2013 12:46 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  You know, they might not be too terribly wrong here.

Murder and rape, mandatory death sentence for people convicted. I'm not sure I would oppose that myself. Drug trafficking and armed robbery, not so much.

Less than 80 executions per year for the last couple years. Either:

They have a much lower population than I thought
They are really bad at catching murderers, rapists, armed robbers, and drug traffickers
They are really bad at convicting murderers, rapists, armed robbers, and drug traffickers
or
They don't have very many murderers, rapists, armed robbers, and drug traffickers

If it's the last one, then maybe their system is working better than mine - at least their citizens seem relatively well protected by these laws.

By way of comparison, Saudi Arabia has 28 million people, Texas has 26 million people, pretty close.
Saudi, 2011: 79 convictions TOTAL for all 4 offenses.
Texas, 2011: 36,933 convictions for just the first three (not including drug trafficking)
Murder 1,089
Rape 7,445
Armed Robbery 28,399

I'm not sure their system is all that bad after all. Not saying it's great either, but maybe we could learn something from it.

You shouldn't look a convictions to tell how well the "system" is working but rather the incidences of the of crimes themselves. Is Joe Shmoo less likely to be murdered or robbed in Saudi Arabia than he is in Texas?

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag
11-03-2013, 03:02 AM
Can I wield a sword?

[Image: 625643_10102767607773755_1600946973_n.jpg]

I was Alexander the Great in a former life.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post