Canada Legalizes Physician-Assisted Dying

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Canada Legalizes Physician-Assisted Dying
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...sted-dying

Quote:After weeks of debate, Canadian lawmakers have passed legislation to legalize physician-assisted death.

That makes Canada "one of the few nations where doctors can legally help sick people die," as Reuters reports.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Dom's post
21-06-2016, 06:39 PM
RE: Canada Legalizes Physician-Assisted Dying
Great news.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-06-2016, 06:54 PM
Good, it's a turning tide, this empathy for the ill and dying. It's time we give them the right to release.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
21-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Yes, I am pleased to see this slowly spreading. It's a hard fight, this one, because the very ill and dying are big business, and because of religion.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 10 users Like Dom's post
21-06-2016, 07:09 PM
It wasn't already legal? Canucks piss on your laws. They been doing it for decades.

#sigh
21-06-2016, 07:18 PM
(21-06-2016 06:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yes, I am pleased to see this slowly spreading. It's a hard fight, this one, because the very ill and dying are big business, and because of religion.
Sometimes though. People are just not ready to lose a loved one.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
21-06-2016, 07:22 PM
(21-06-2016 07:18 PM)tomilay Wrote:  Sometimes though. People are just not ready to lose a loved one.

They have to realise it is not about them.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 11 users Like Banjo's post
21-06-2016, 07:27 PM
(21-06-2016 07:18 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(21-06-2016 06:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yes, I am pleased to see this slowly spreading. It's a hard fight, this one, because the very ill and dying are big business, and because of religion.

No matter how much I loved or needed someone, I would never want them to linger in suffering just to accommodate my needs. No

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 7 users Like Heatheness's post
21-06-2016, 07:33 PM
(21-06-2016 07:18 PM)tomilay Wrote:  

Only the person themselves should be able to decide about whether they want to suffer and fight a losing battle. These laws are only for people who are terminal.

No one is ever ready to lose a loved one - don't I know! But, we have no right to impose suffering, and we shouldn't want our loved ones to suffer either.

[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
21-06-2016, 07:50 PM
This is great! I always end up with stains on the carpet when I try to do it myself.
[Image: 111011.aam_.comingoutday.2154.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post