Canada Says Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2015, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 01:41 AM by Twiggy.)
Rainbow Canada Says Hello
Hi there. I have listened to the pod cast a few times and watched many videos.

I am a 20 year old atheist, satanist, autistic, college graduate.

I was born in 1995 as anyone who knows basic arithmetic can figure out, the same year Marilyn Manson released the remix album "Smells Like Children" which included the "Sweet Dreams" cover.

I went to a catholic elementary and secondary (high school). Up until grade 6 I thought that Catholicism was a good story that people followed for moral reasons and the good teachings, but then around grade 6 I learnt that people actually believed that nonsense and I remember saying to my EA (educational assistant) "There is no God", and then having her say back to me "I'm sorry for what must've happened to you, for you to feel that God is not there for you". I don't remember what I said in response to that though.

I asked my parents to send me to a public high school but all the public schools rejected me because apparently they didn't have the "Resources" to deal with an autistic student with serious issues still and still going through therapy and such. So it was another four years of Catholic indoctrination. And yes, I took the short bus to school... Dodgy

I was the high school's "Satan", always calling the religion nonsense, questioning religion teachers, speaking against church doctrine - like their position on abortion and such, and asking really tough questions.

In 2009, I started listening to Marilyn Manson and that led me to read the satanic bible, and I found out I am not just an atheist but also a Satanist. In the last year of high school, during my lunch break, I went and mailed off a membership application to the Church of Satan. I am now a card carrying church of satan member. And have seen Marilyn Manson in concert three times, met him once. I'm not a satanist because of him though, I was just exposed to it through a documentary on him.

Luckily, I went to a public partially provincially funded (I'm from Ontario, Canada)

college so no religion there.

I now live alone in a basement apartment an hour from my parents, though on disability benefits at the moment.

So, Hi, fellow non-believers, heretics, and heathens!

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Twiggy's post
07-08-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: Canada Says Hello
Welcome to TTA, Twiggy

Jump right in.

Smile

07-08-2015, 12:52 AM
Hello! Big Grin
07-08-2015, 01:07 AM
'Lo Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-08-2015, 02:06 AM
Welcome! Jump right in and start getting Twiggy with it Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-08-2015, 07:45 AM
Welcome!
07-08-2015, 07:48 AM
Public funding for religious schooling really is one of the brilliant ways we're keeping up with the 18th century here in Ontario, isn't it?

I mean, it's not like the Catholic church has any money to spend.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
07-08-2015, 08:14 AM
(07-08-2015 12:29 AM)Twiggy Wrote:  Hi there. I have listened to the pod cast a few times and watched many videos.

I am a 20 year old atheist, satanist, autistic, college graduate.

I was born in 1995 as anyone who knows basic arithmetic can figure out, the same year Marilyn Manson released the remix album "Smells Like Children" which included the "Sweet Dreams" cover.

I went to a catholic elementary and secondary (high school). Up until grade 6 I thought that Catholicism was a good story that people followed for moral reasons and the good teachings, but then around grade 6 I learnt that people actually believed that nonsense and I remember saying to my EA (educational assistant) "There is no God", and then having her say back to me "I'm sorry for what must've happened to you, for you to feel that God is not there for you". I don't remember what I said in response to that though.

I asked my parents to send me to a public high school but all the public schools rejected me because apparently they didn't have the "Resources" to deal with an autistic student with serious issues still and still going through therapy and such. So it was another four years of Catholic indoctrination. And yes, I took the short bus to school... Dodgy

I was the high school's "Satan", always calling the religion nonsense, questioning religion teachers, speaking against church doctrine - like their position on abortion and such, and asking really tough questions.

In 2009, I started listening to Marilyn Manson and that led me to read the satanic bible, and I found out I am not just an atheist but also a Satanist. In the last year of high school, during my lunch break, I went and mailed off a membership application to the Church of Satan. I am now a card carrying church of satan member. And have seen Marilyn Manson in concert three times, met him once. I'm not a satanist because of him though, I was just exposed to it through a documentary on him.

Luckily, I went to a public partially provincially funded (I'm from Ontario, Canada)

college so no religion there.

I now live alone in a basement apartment an hour from my parents, though on disability benefits at the moment.

So, Hi, fellow non-believers, heretics, and heathens!

I am a bit confused by your beliefs, how can you be an atheist and a satanist in the same time? Not believing in god should equal not believing in satan as well , they are two sides of the same coin.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
07-08-2015, 08:19 AM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
07-08-2015, 08:20 AM
Yay, more Canadians! I love C-eh-N-eh-D-eh.

Seriously, that was exactly the right way to jump on in, with some Weird Al.

You'll fit right in, kid.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson