Canada leads the way, eh? Prime Minister to introduce right to die legislation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2016, 10:58 AM
Canada leads the way, eh? Prime Minister to introduce right to die legislation.
Oh Canada, you go girl!

Quote:On Thursday, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau introduced a legislation that would make it legal for Canadians with serious medical conditions to undergo doctor-assisted suicide.

According to the New York Times, the legislation echoes a February 2015 decision by the Supreme Court of Canada, which ruled that denying the option of assisted suicide to a consenting adult suffering from an incurable or exceedingly painful condition was unconstitutional. Following the ruling, legislators had one year to write and introduce a bill on the issue, but the court extended the deadline to June 6 when Trudeau took office in November.

Given that the Liberals hold majority office in Canada's government this will likely pass and is a great step for this movement.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-04-2016, 03:45 PM
RE: Canada leads the way, eh? Prime Minister to introduce right to die legislation.
Clap so fantastic!!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
15-04-2016, 03:54 PM
RE: Canada leads the way, eh? Prime Minister to introduce right to die legislation.
I would like Dr. Stark to assist me, thank you very much.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Having the right to die is very important to me. I'm so grateful that my government is going to recognize that right.

So far I am very happy with our new PM. Sure he isn't perfect, but I feel like he's really trying to represent what the average Canadian wants. We've needed that for a long time.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
16-04-2016, 02:44 AM
[Image: go_team_canada__by_ciaxlia-d77gv7t.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
16-04-2016, 02:51 AM
I can only hope that my country will go in the footsteps of Canada. That's fool hope though.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
16-04-2016, 02:53 AM
(16-04-2016 02:51 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I can only hope that my country will go in the footsteps of Canada. That's fool hope though.

Better than fool's gold, am I pyrite? Big Grin

It's okay, I'll let myself out...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-04-2016, 05:28 AM
(16-04-2016 02:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(16-04-2016 02:51 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I can only hope that my country will go in the footsteps of Canada. That's fool hope though.

Better than fool's gold, am I pyrite? Big Grin

It's okay, I'll let myself out...

badum tish

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
16-04-2016, 06:41 AM
I totally read the thread title with Stark's voice in my head.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
16-04-2016, 07:00 AM
Excellent! Up next, USA.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]