Canada leads the way, eh? Prime Minister to introduce right to die legislation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2016, 07:43 AM
RE: Canada leads the way, eh? Prime Minister to introduce right to die legislation.
(16-04-2016 05:28 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(16-04-2016 02:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Better than fool's gold, am I pyrite? Big Grin

It's okay, I'll let myself out...

badum tish

Never pass up a chance for a pirate monkey rimshot!

[Image: sPwgpLj.gif?noredirect]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2016, 10:44 AM
RE: Canada leads the way, eh? Prime Minister to introduce right to die legislation.
(15-04-2016 10:58 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
Oh Canada, you go girl!

Quote:On Thursday, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau introduced a legislation that would make it legal for Canadians with serious medical conditions to undergo doctor-assisted suicide.

According to the New York Times, the legislation echoes a February 2015 decision by the Supreme Court of Canada, which ruled that denying the option of assisted suicide to a consenting adult suffering from an incurable or exceedingly painful condition was unconstitutional. Following the ruling, legislators had one year to write and introduce a bill on the issue, but the court extended the deadline to June 6 when Trudeau took office in November.

Given that the Liberals hold majority office in Canada's government this will likely pass and is a great step for this movement.

It's about time.

It's almost 30 years since I watched my mother slowly die from ALS (over 4yrs). One of the main reasons she hung on to the end was because my parents were worried that if my dad helped her die, she would be gone, my dad would end up in jail and my sister & I would end up in foster care with strangers.

And with no due respect to the Archbishop of Ottawa he can stick his Catholic "values" up his ass.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post