Canadian Gun Owners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2016, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 12:59 PM by Twiggy.)
Canadian Gun Owners?
Hello,

I'm one of the approximately two million Canadians who own guns. I have A P.A.L.

I own a Ruger 10/22 and a Russian SKS made in the Tula factory from 1953, all original parts, non-refrub, it's a beauty.

I also, recently ordered a Mosin Nagant M91/30 from a dealer near Kingston, Ontario, can't wait to receive it!

I am starting a collection of Soviet Military Surplus firearms. I have my gun safe divided into two halves, 1 half Soviet only stuff (or ammo that is the proper caliber) and the other half, everything else, that means the 10/22 and .22LR ammo. It's my own "Iron Curtain" of sorts.. Tongue

I also ordered a "flag of the USSR" off of ebay recently, mint condition, I am also awaiting it's arrival.

Joseph Stalin may have been despicable for many reasons but he at least got one thing right:

[Image: Joseph+Stalin+There+is+no+God.jpg]

Unfortunately, the firearm community in Canada seems to heavy a heavy influence of religious incredulity, not just the Americna gun community.

Are there any other Atheist or Anti-Theist (like me) Canadian Gun Owners?

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2016, 01:08 PM
RE: Canadian Gun Owners?
(02-04-2016 12:49 PM)Twiggy Wrote:  Hello,

I'm one of the approximately two million Canadians who own guns. I have A P.A.L.

I own a Ruger 10/22 and a Russian SKS made in the Tula factory from 1953, all original parts, non-refrub, it's a beauty.

I also, recently ordered a Mosin Nagant M91/30 from a dealer near Kingston, Ontario, can't wait to receive it!

I am starting a collection of Soviet Military Surplus firearms. I have my guns afe divided into two half, 1 half Soviet only stuff (or ammo that is the proper caliber) and the other half, everything else, that means the 10/22 and .22LR ammo. It's my own "Iron Curtain" of sorts.. Tongue

Unfortunately, the firearm community in Canada seems to heavy a heavy influence of religious incredulity, not just the Americna gun community.

That's a nice SKS. I own one as well, but Yugoslavian made. I'd like to get my hands on an SVD Dragunov at some point.

Actually I'm not much of a specific gun collector but have a safe full of them. I do collect .22s but Marlin 39s primarily (got a Mountie for sale?). I used to be quite an avid shooter and still am a very good marksman with a gun. My collection and shooting has waned over the years, mainly because of my contempt for the hoards of right wing Posse Comitatus types showing up at gun ranges, hoarding stockpiles of guns and ammo, and talking about reveloutions in the US. This started with the election of Obama in 2008 when it drove these people up the wall that the nation elected a black man president.

But I've come back it it slowly - in fact just bought my birthday present, a custom built Fulton Armory M21 sniper rifle. im also planning on buying 5 or so AR lower receivers for future builds.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
02-04-2016, 01:09 PM
I'm a Yankistani, but I have an atheist friend in Yellow Knife. I'll see if I can lure him onto the forum. Chase
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
02-04-2016, 01:40 PM
(02-04-2016 01:08 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  My collection and shooting has waned over the years, mainly because of my contempt for the hoards of right wing Posse Comitatus types showing up at gun ranges, hoarding stockpiles of guns and ammo, and talking about reveloutions in the US. This started with the election of Obama in 2008 when it drove these people up the wall that the nation elected a black man president.

Ha ha,

yeah, there's right-wing domination in the Canadian gun-culture as well. Not so much talking about revolutions or anything like that, but a lot of other right-wing stuff like people not understanding the scientific basis for someone being transgender (lack of enough testosterone to fully convert a default female egg to a completely male egg), thinking that Canadians have a right to bare arms (we don't, actually), wanting to get rid of all gun laws, not just fix some and fix some wording (which I agree with fixing them) but totally getting rid of everything, intense nationalism, mob mentality, lack of basic consideration for others, thinking that religious people are persecuted, and not understanding why someone like I would make statements like "while Islam is a flawed religion, most Muslims are just regular people and if we want to be a free and secular society, we can't ban a religion, we must enforce secular law". There were even lots of people against updating sex-ed curriculum in Ontario.

I'm not a leftist really, I consider myself center-left but I use the term "Freethinker" a lot.

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
02-04-2016, 02:04 PM
When you get your 91/30 -- do NOT be surprised when you have trouble operating the bolt after firing...

THIS IS NORMAL......

You'll find wearing a glove on your right hand -- and slapping the bolt upwards, then back - will work much better than "normal" rifles which operate much smoother...

Remember -- this is a rifle made for hard handling. The steel buttplate is for hammering tent stakes, and crushing skulls. I am not exaggerating.

It's a very rugged rifle -- not outstandingly accurate -- but you will NEVER wear it out.

Enjoy!

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
02-04-2016, 02:23 PM
(02-04-2016 02:04 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  When you get your 91/30 -- do NOT be surprised when you have trouble operating the bolt after firing...

THIS IS NORMAL......

You'll find wearing a glove on your right hand -- and slapping the bolt upwards, then back - will work much better than "normal" rifles which operate much smoother...

Remember -- this is a rifle made for hard handling. The steel buttplate is for hammering tent stakes, and crushing skulls. I am not exaggerating.

It's a very rugged rifle -- not outstandingly accurate -- but you will NEVER wear it out.

Enjoy!

I don't doubt that it's for hard-handling, it's Russian after-all, not just Russian, but Soviet Tongue

Censored
02-04-2016, 03:18 PM
(02-04-2016 02:23 PM)Twiggy Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 02:04 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  When you get your 91/30 -- do NOT be surprised when you have trouble operating the bolt after firing...

THIS IS NORMAL......

Enjoy!

I don't doubt that it's for hard-handling, it's Russian after-all, not just Russian, but Soviet Tongue

It was Russian first -- then Soviet -- and now Russian again........

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
02-04-2016, 03:52 PM
(02-04-2016 12:49 PM)Twiggy Wrote:  Unfortunately, the firearm community in Canada seems to heavy a heavy influence of religious incredulity, not just the Americna gun community.

I think you must mean "religious credulity". Consider

I'm a Canadian gun owner but I live in the U.S.
The sportsman's club I belong to is heavily conservative, but we don't actually talk politics or religion. No
I have, however, worn my atheism pin on my hat before. When asked what the A stood for, I said "atheism". I got a surprised look and no further comment.

[Image: getfile_fguid_7272ed96-c5ae-11df-bdfb-12...1285093894]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
02-04-2016, 03:57 PM
(02-04-2016 03:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 12:49 PM)Twiggy Wrote:  Unfortunately, the firearm community in Canada seems to heavy a heavy influence of religious incredulity, not just the Americna gun community.

I think you must mean "religious credulity". Consider

I'm a Canadian gun owner but I live in the U.S.
The sportsman's club I belong to is heavily conservative, but we don't actually talk politics or religion. No
I have, however, worn my atheism pin on my hat before. When asked what the A stood for, I said "atheism". I got a surprised look and no further comment.

[Image: getfile_fguid_7272ed96-c5ae-11df-bdfb-12...1285093894]

They were probably thinking "Okay. Now the infidels and heathens are trained and armed. The fuck we do now?"

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-04-2016, 07:36 PM
(02-04-2016 03:18 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 02:23 PM)Twiggy Wrote:  I don't doubt that it's for hard-handling, it's Russian after-all, not just Russian, but Soviet Tongue

It was Russian first -- then Soviet -- and now Russian again........

Big Grin

I'd argue that it is SOVIET and that you're logic for saying it is "Russian" doesn't make sense.

My logical case:

The M91/30 is called the M91/30 because it was developed in the year 1930 as an improvement on the original 1891. These were mass produced during WW2 and still produced before.

The vast Majority of M91/30's are now arsenal refurbished and non-refurbs go for a premium.

The M91/30 was designed by the Soviet's and physically produced by the Soviets.

Just because the Soviet's do not technically exist anymore, does not mean that physical objects made by them just magically vanish or their designers and creators magically change...

Censored