Canadian Gun Owners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2016, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 10:21 AM by Dark Light.)
RE: Canadian Gun Owners?
(02-04-2016 03:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 12:49 PM)Twiggy Wrote:  Unfortunately, the firearm community in Canada seems to heavy a heavy influence of religious incredulity, not just the Americna gun community.

Are there any other Atheist or Anti-Theist (like me) Canadian Gun Owners?

I think you must mean "religious credulity". Consider

I'm a Canadian gun owner but I live in the U.S.
The sportsman's club I belong to is heavily conservative, but we don't actually talk politics or religion. No
I have, however, worn my atheism pin on my hat before. When asked what the A stood for, I said "atheism". I got a surprised look and no further comment.

[Image: getfile_fguid_7272ed96-c5ae-11df-bdfb-12...1285093894]

I thought you were a dual citizen?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Who makes guns in Canada? Someone owns Canadian guns...Evil_monster
03-04-2016, 01:35 AM
I'm a Canadian, but just a regular one not a Gun Owning Canadian. I've just got a .22 and a 12 gauge.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
03-04-2016, 02:13 AM
(03-04-2016 01:35 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'm a Canadian, but just a regular one not a Gun Owning Canadian. I've just got a .22 and a 12 gauge.

Those aren't kitchen utensils.

They're guns...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-04-2016, 09:13 AM
(03-04-2016 02:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(03-04-2016 01:35 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'm a Canadian, but just a regular one not a Gun Owning Canadian. I've just got a .22 and a 12 gauge.

Those aren't kitchen utensils.

They're guns...

Big Grin

Nah. Guns are for shooting people. These are just farm tools....aren't they? Consider

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
03-04-2016, 10:07 AM
(03-04-2016 09:13 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(03-04-2016 02:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Those aren't kitchen utensils.

They're guns...

Big Grin

Nah. Guns are for shooting people. These are just farm tools....aren't they? Consider

All guns are.

Right up to the time someone misuses one..........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-04-2016, 10:30 AM
I've got an SKS and an AK, but they are both Yugos. The first time I pulled the trigger on the AK it went bang, but the hammer followed the bolt forward so it wouldn't shoot again without manually cycling the action. A new Tapco trigger took care of the issue, but so much for that legendary AK reliability. I traded a used scope I originally paid $25 for to get the SKS. That was before Obama though. The last time I looked at one at a gun shop they were asking more than $300 for them. I can remember pallets of them at Larry's for $37 each in the 90s.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
03-04-2016, 11:21 AM
I am one of probably 100 million Americans who own guns and I have roughly 100 guns. I started working for a custom rifle builder when I was 16 and I'm almost 70 years old now. Consequently, I've been building my own rifles for 54 years. I build bolt action hunting rifles and a lot of them are wildcat cartridges. I have no interest in military rifles of any kind and I expect any rifle that I build to shoot sub MOA [minute of an angle]. Many of them shoot 1/2 or 1/4 MOA. [A minute of an angle is 1.06" at 100 yards.] I also love big African dangerous game rifles and I've built several .458 WMs and .416 RMs.
03-04-2016, 11:37 AM
(03-04-2016 11:21 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I am one of probably 100 million Americans who own guns and I have roughly 100 guns. I started working for a custom rifle builder when I was 16 and I'm almost 70 years old now. Consequently, I've been building my own rifles for 54 years. I build bolt action hunting rifles and a lot of them are wildcat cartridges. I have no interest in military rifles of any kind and I expect any rifle that I build to shoot sub MOA [minute of an angle]. Many of them shoot 1/2 or 1/4 MOA. [A minute of an angle is 1.06" at 100 yards.] I also love big African dangerous game rifles and I've built several .458 WMs and .416 RMs.

I used to have over 120 guns - till I got rid of all the duplicates - (who needs 5 SKS's???)

I too kept only the rifles that will shoot MOA or better...... (exempting 22lr)

No point in having something that makes every shot a "hail mary"....

I currently don't have anything bigger than -06..(well, 12 gauge) ( There's just nothing around here big enough to need anything bigger.......

As far as "military" rifles -- there are some really good ones.....

Ever shot a Swiss 7.5 straight pull???

Except for the short stock -- it's a hell of a shooter.... Love mine - just hard to find new brass for it....

03-04-2016, 01:55 PM
I've shot the Swiss 7.5. Norma makes brass for it.

I have several duplicates -- e.g., 3 - .338 Win Mags, 2- .458 Win Mags, 4- 7mm Rem Mags., and 3- .270 Wins. They are each sighted in for different weight bullets.