Canadians: What do you think?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Canadians: What do you think?
According to this report the Canadian Government has been accused of 'muzzling' it's scientists for political reasons.

I don't know nearly enough about Canadian politics to comment on the validity of the claim but hopefully some of our resident Canadians do. So, what do you think people?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2012, 06:24 PM
RE: Canadians: What do you think?
I've just been waiting for this chance to have someone ask me what I think about Canadians!

It's probably too long to post right now, but suffice it to say, the list of what I think about Canadians is pretty extensive.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
17-02-2012, 06:28 PM
(17-02-2012 06:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I've just been waiting for this chance to have someone ask me what I think about Canadians!

It's probably too long to post right now, but suffice it to say, the list of what I think about Canadians is pretty extensive.

And all good, too.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-02-2012, 06:31 PM
(17-02-2012 06:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 06:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I've just been waiting for this chance to have someone ask me what I think about Canadians!

And all good, too.

Guess that depends on one's point of view. Dodgy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
17-02-2012, 07:37 PM
I really shoulda phrased this thread's title a little better.

Sorry to all you Canadians out there, this could get a little ugly!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
18-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Yeah I know. My country is just as fucked up as the next one.

Just wait until I get fed up with it all................

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
18-02-2012, 03:45 AM
I would imagine that if us Canadians were being denied information we might be the last to know right? I mean we wouldn't know unless someone told us we were missing out. So like... do it already hughsie.

Plus Canadians are pretty awesome. Except for the ones that aren't.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
18-02-2012, 05:59 AM
Quote:Professor Weaver said that information is so tightly controlled that the public is "left in the dark".

"The only information they are given is that which the government wants, which will then allow a supporting of a particular agenda," he said.

Nothing new then Rolleyes

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
22-02-2012, 01:02 PM
I am not Canadian, but it seems that all goverments have been doing this since goverments have been established And if the govements is heavily influenced by religion, it becomes even worse. Lets face if one day some scienctist discovers a cheap ,non poluting ,non fossil fuel ,fuel, what are the odds the goverment may just supress that? I would to think the goverment would welcome a fuel like that, but think about it, who would have a lot to lose if we no longer had to depend on fossil fuels? yes Saudi arabi,but all the rich our countries who have a great deal of investments in oil.Including most of our rich politicians, Heck the world economy is based on fossil fuel if you really think about it. What if someone invents a micro chip that can be incerted into our brains to make instantly a genius.Do you think our goverment wants everyone to be a genius? Heck if we were all geniuses it wiold make hard for politicians to get away with things,including silly campaign promises they know they will never keep. If they did discover some signal from outer space from some other world, I highly doubt they would let us know.(well not right away anyway,maybe wait a few dozen decades) our goverments will nver give full disclosure,it just the way it is

Give a man a fish ,you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish ,you feed him for a life time,give a man religion,he will die praying for a fish
[+] 1 user Likes jknightx's post