Cancelled May Day protest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2017, 06:17 PM
Cancelled May Day protest
http://koin.com/2017/05/01/videos-portla...-protests/

Quote:A May Day march with a permit was quickly canceled by Portland police after projectiles were thrown, families were advised to leave the march and anarchists infiltrated the event.

The link has videos of how it happened.

I do not understand. These "anarchists" showed up in Berkeley in the past, and in Portland, and there they are again.

What do they want? Why are they doing this? Are they pro or anti Trump? What do they hope to achieve?

Is it the point that they want to achieve nothing? Chaos?

It's not a good argument for anarchy. So what is it? I am confused.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
01-05-2017, 06:45 PM
RE: Cancelled May Day protest
My old church friends on Facebook all refer to them as "THE LEFT" Hobo

They're very anti-Trump for the most part, they like to burn things, and umm... punch people who wear red hats I guess? That's all I can gather so far. *shrugs*

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
01-05-2017, 07:34 PM
(01-05-2017 06:45 PM)cactus Wrote:  My old church friends on Facebook all refer to them as "THE LEFT" Hobo

They're very anti-Trump for the most part, they like to burn things, and umm... punch people who wear red hats I guess? That's all I can gather so far. *shrugs*

Well, they are helping Trump. Don't they see that?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-05-2017, 07:41 PM
(01-05-2017 07:34 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 06:45 PM)cactus Wrote:  My old church friends on Facebook all refer to them as "THE LEFT" Hobo

Well, they are helping Trump. Don't they see that?

They're complete idiots. Yes, they just help trump.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
01-05-2017, 07:47 PM
In the early to mid 90's I was sort of on the outskirts of the anarcho scene in Portland.

For me it was through Food Not Bombs, Critical Mass, and an anarchist-collective library/bookstore chill space. The internet has made it more centralized and predictable, it seems. Like they're fulfilling a role of what they've seen others do. It's still growing out of occupy as well. From their perspective, peaceful assembly is ineffective. It feels like they want to be radical in action as well as ideology but they're afraid to really embrace it so they keep disrupting demonstrations instead of going for the jugular. I'm not making any comment on what they should or shouldn't do. I'm just expressing how it appears to me. I've tried to interact with that crowd but they reject me on the grounds that my main point of emphasis is that if you don't want to be governed your course of action should be to behave like you don't need to be governed and from there express an alternative vision of the future. They, on the other hand, at least want to pretend like they are ungovernable.
01-05-2017, 07:57 PM
Well, disrupting demonstrations by people who are much closer to their ideology than who they are demonstrating against is just stupid.

It's like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
01-05-2017, 08:35 PM
I actually watched some first on my iPad and then later on tv.

I don't get it. Throwing Molotov cocktails at the cops. Seriously?

How does that help anything?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-05-2017, 08:44 PM
(01-05-2017 07:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, disrupting demonstrations by people who are much closer to their ideology than who they are demonstrating against is just stupid.

It's like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

They oppose democracy itself so it's not so easy to assess who they're more closely aligned with. On Crimethinc it's argued that Trump's victory was the better outcome because it helps rush the demise of America.
01-05-2017, 08:48 PM
(01-05-2017 08:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I actually watched some first on my iPad and then later on tv.

I don't get it. Throwing Molotov cocktails at the cops. Seriously?

How does that help anything?

I think it's immoral and stupid to endanger the police. However, as a form of protest I think it's more effective than peaceful assembly, which is, in my opinion, totally useless.
01-05-2017, 11:18 PM
probably closet republicans. Tongue