Cancelled May Day protest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2017, 12:12 AM
RE: Cancelled May Day protest
You don't think they could be Trump supporters trying to make legitimate protests look violent, thus justifying massive police action? 'Cos that kinda thing does happen.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-05-2017, 08:13 AM
Trump runs his whole political show on fear - fear that Muslims, Mexicans, criminals (black people) and traitors are out to get you. If he can paint protests as violent he can legitimise all sorts of things:
  • at the lowest level, sending in the cops. Problem is cops aren't necessarily on his side. But they might well provoke a response from e.g. Black panthers.
  • So he might go to level two: paramilitary organisations loyal to himself.
  • He can also do things like declaring a state of emergency and imposing press censorship, in the name of defending democracy.

It's kind of a bit of a weak hand he's got at the moment, but dictators need enemies - specifically violent enemies hell-bent on destroying them *and* their followers, because that's what legitimises their extreme measures. And if they don't have such enemies handy, it's quite nice if they can create them.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-05-2017, 11:36 AM
(02-05-2017 12:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  You don't think they could be Trump supporters trying to make legitimate protests look violent, thus justifying massive police action? 'Cos that kinda thing does happen.

Subterfuge really happens but no I don't think it's the case here.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
02-05-2017, 11:58 AM
(01-05-2017 08:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I actually watched some first on my iPad and then later on tv.

I don't get it. Throwing Molotov cocktails at the cops. Seriously?

How does that help anything?

This may shock our economic right voting atheists here, but this liberal atheist(ME) would say to those assholes who did that YOU DESERVE TO GET ARRESTED.

Oh shit, I forgot, all liberals are supposed to be violent Castro lovers.

And I hate the private sector too. Dodgy

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2017, 12:28 PM
Cancelled May Day protest
I think that violent, destructive protesters should be considered to be terrorists.

I don't care what side they are on or what their cause is, if they act this way they should be behind bars for a very long time.
02-05-2017, 02:54 PM
Real terrorism is their only logical next step.