Cancer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2015, 06:08 PM
RE: Cancer
Tell Sue to MYOB. Her prescription to avoid doctors is by itself damning. She will shorten your mother's life, no matter her intentions. The fact that she is selling what she is recommending only impugns her further.

Take action and keep this woman from shortening your mother's days.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
31-08-2015, 06:27 PM
"Sue" is a name that really fits this woman....

If she was a doctor -- people would sue her, for malpractice....

She's a total nutfuck job - and should be ignored at all costs.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
31-08-2015, 08:04 PM
In your situation, I would confront 'Sue' and tell her to take her dangerous, wacky woo elsewhere, it is not welcome here.

'Cause I'm subtle like that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-08-2015, 08:40 PM
I'm with you on that one, Chas. I'm normally a "let's reason this out" kinda guy, but if someone was trying to isolate my mother in her most desperate time of need, I might stop by her house with about 30 of my leatherclad buddies on 62 wheels, and "politely ask" that she not talk to my mother ever again so I don't have to ask again.

While being nonchalant about the beliefs of others, I draw the line when they start to do harm. Whether or not she is trying to do harm is irrelevant, at this point. Taking advantage of a frightened and vulnerable person makes her the lowest of the low, and I'm guessing it'll take about 31 bikers to get the point through her thick skull.

Yes, talk to the pastor, etc, first. But by no means let this person continue to influence your mother, and let others know that she is the type of person who does this type of thing.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
01-09-2015, 11:38 AM
I am a Christian and I agree that Sue could have a harmful effect on your mother and you should do your best to keep here away. Much of her advice is unBiblical but she did say one thing I agree with:

Quote:by opening yourself up to others who may not be "true" christians you are allowing sin into your own life.

If your mother opens herself up to Sue, who clearly is not a true Christian, she could be allowing sin into her life.

Contacting the pastor of Sue's church might help if the church is one that really follows the Bible but there are some churches that actually promote the same teachings Sue does.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2015, 11:50 AM
(01-09-2015 11:38 AM)theophilus Wrote:  who clearly is not a true Christian

What exactly defines a "true Christian"?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
01-09-2015, 04:23 PM
(01-09-2015 11:50 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 11:38 AM)theophilus Wrote:  who clearly is not a true Christian

What exactly defines a "true Christian"?

Sadcryface2 you're gonna make him explain it Tongue
01-09-2015, 04:39 PM
(01-09-2015 04:23 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 11:50 AM)unfogged Wrote:  What exactly defines a "true Christian"?

Sadcryface2 you're gonna make him explain it Tongue

I want to see him try to come up with a definition that at least most self-identified Christians would agree with. Then he can show how that definition excludes Sue.
Popcorn

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
01-09-2015, 05:01 PM
I think Theophilus makes a good point. Without touching on the "True Scotsman" argument, it is very likely that this lady's bizarre theology does not match the doctrine of her church, and the pastor of any church other than the absolute most extreme snake-handling types will likely be horrified by what the lady is saying in the name of their church/faith/religion.

A pastor is charged with protecting his whole flock, meaning both women, and will quickly see the many potential damages this person is inflicting on a vulnerable person... he will pull her leash hard, and will make sure the rest of the congregation keeps an eye on that sort of religious craziness. I would recommend asking for a little of his time, and talking to him about what can be done.

Regardless of how we feel about religious leaders, they do tend to care deeply for their flocks, and it's unlikely he would appreciate either the harm being done or the bad image being attached to the faithful by a person who suggests isolation. Churches tend to solve issues among the community, and I suspect CrazyLady™ is about to meet the wrath of the whole church in whose name she is claiming to act.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
02-09-2015, 07:12 AM
Although I didn't have to deal with the church influence, my mother did have many "well-meaning" friends who tried to push about every kind of snake oil fix on her. My weapon of choice was to monitor her as much as I possibly could - being there, hovering around when her friends visited, reading her mail with her, reading her email. This allowed me to immediately discuss each and every suggestion, and to point out the flaws or drawbacks. Although she was an intelligent woman, I could see her get desperate from time to time and want to cling to something. Debunk ASAP, and move on, if you have the chance.

Besides, you get to spend time with your Mom. Always worth it!

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post