Cancer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2015, 09:19 AM
RE: Cancer
(01-09-2015 11:50 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 11:38 AM)theophilus Wrote:  who clearly is not a true Christian

What exactly defines a "true Christian"?

A true Christian is someone who realizes that he is a sinner and who repents of his sin and puts his faith in Jesus. When that happens he is spiritually regenerated and receives the Holy Spirit into his life to guide him and give him the power to live the way he should. When someone is converted there will be a change in the way he lives.

There are many different kinds of false Christians. Some make a profession of faith in response to emotional pressure rather than genuine repentance. Some realize they are sinners but think they need to do something more than believe in Jesus in order to be saved. Some are deceived by false teachers whose teaching isn't in accord with the Bible.

(01-09-2015 05:01 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I think Theophilus makes a good point. Without touching on the "True Scotsman" argument, it is very likely that this lady's bizarre theology does not match the doctrine of her church, and the pastor of any church other than the absolute most extreme snake-handling types will likely be horrified by what the lady is saying in the name of their church/faith/religion.

A pastor is charged with protecting his whole flock, meaning both women, and will quickly see the many potential damages this person is inflicting on a vulnerable person... he will pull her leash hard, and will make sure the rest of the congregation keeps an eye on that sort of religious craziness. I would recommend asking for a little of his time, and talking to him about what can be done.

Regardless of how we feel about religious leaders, they do tend to care deeply for their flocks, and it's unlikely he would appreciate either the harm being done or the bad image being attached to the faithful by a person who suggests isolation. Churches tend to solve issues among the community, and I suspect CrazyLady™ is about to meet the wrath of the whole church in whose name she is claiming to act.

This would be the likely result if her church is one that is reasonably close to the Bible in its teaching. Unfortunately there are churches whose teachings are as radical as Sue's and who might support what she is doing. The fact that Sue claimed to be able to interpret tongues during a church service where the people were speaking in tongues makes me fear that she is in that kind of church. If this is the case the church would probably interpret any criticism of her as persecution and evidence of her faithfulness to God.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2015, 11:13 AM
(02-09-2015 09:19 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 11:50 AM)unfogged Wrote:  What exactly defines a "true Christian"?

A true Christian is someone who realizes that he is a sinner and who repents of his sin and puts his faith in Jesus. When that happens he is spiritually regenerated and receives the Holy Spirit into his life to guide him and give him the power to live the way he should. When someone is converted there will be a change in the way he lives.

There are many different kinds of false Christians. Some make a profession of faith in response to emotional pressure rather than genuine repentance. Some realize they are sinners but think they need to do something more than believe in Jesus in order to be saved. Some are deceived by false teachers whose teaching isn't in accord with the Bible.

How do you know you are right that nothing else is needed and the ones who think they need to do more are wrong? They are just as adamant that they are right and have scripture to back them up, as do you. They are just as sure that the spirit is in them, as are you.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2015, 11:14 AM
And people wonder why we "attack Christianity". Rolleyes

Likely she already knows her mom's church well enough to know if they're really that radical.

A chat with the pastor would, I think, quickly reveal the type of church doctrine they follow.

I'd venture to say that, painful as it might be for the woman, being rejected by that church's congregation might be the best thing that could possibly happen to her mom at this point. Talking to the preacher = win/win.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
04-09-2015, 08:42 AM
Wow that's terrible IMHO you need somehow to extracate your mum from this woman's grip her nuttiness' is going to shorten her life even further than the cancer. I'm not sure how you can achieve this but I really think you need to act as soon as possible good luck and all best wishes to you.
17-09-2015, 02:38 PM
Hi there

That's a really messy situation because your mother is ill and you obviously want her to be happy, and this woman apparently is comforting her, but you sense that she's of no good.
I'm totally against people who say you should use 'natural' medicines instead of what the doctors prescribe you, particularly when it comes to fatal situations. As long as your mother continues her treatment, I say that its okay that she takes the vitamins and oils; and if it makes you feel any better you can even research some of the vitamins and oils so that you can get some peace of mind.
As for her saying that she shouldn't tell her family her diagnosis, that's completely not okay and I'm sure that if you talk to your mother and you guys can compromise, then everything should be okay.