Cancer Sucks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Cancer Sucks
So... A little under 7 years ago, my mother died of lung cancer. Then last April, my younger brother died of lung cancer. He never made it to his 58th birthday. Then last July, my father died of bladder cancer. The other night my older brother called to tell me he probably has fourth stage lung cancer, although he needs more tests to confirm that.

Yes, they were all smokers -- and so was I until 11-1/2 years ago, but maybe there is hope for me (my father also quit at about the same age I did, and he made it to 85). Still, this is starting to suck.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: Cancer Sucks
(18-01-2015 07:40 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  So... A little under 7 years ago, my mother died of lung cancer. Then last April, my younger brother died of lung cancer. He never made it to his 58th birthday. Then last July, my father died of bladder cancer. The other night my older brother called to tell me he probably has fourth stage lung cancer, although he needs more tests to confirm that.

Yes, they were all smokers -- and so was I until 11-1/2 years ago, but maybe there is hope for me (my father also quit at about the same age I did, and he made it to 85). Still, this is starting to suck.

My mother died of lung cancer. Two of my half brothers died of lung cancer. My other brothers and my one sister will most likely die of lung cancer since they chain smoke. I call it the Nicotine Holocaust. It's killed millions of people over the decades.

Somehow I never took up smoking. It had zero appeal to me but then I never did drugs either. Don't even drink alcohol.

Hopefully you will live a long life like your father.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-01-2015, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry. Cancer does suck Hug

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
19-01-2015, 12:28 AM
I agree cancer absolutely sucks. My Mom died of lung cancer (Mesothelioma) and my Dad died of colon cancer.
19-01-2015, 04:09 AM
(18-01-2015 07:40 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  So... A little under 7 years ago, my mother died of lung cancer. Then last April, my younger brother died of lung cancer. He never made it to his 58th birthday. Then last July, my father died of bladder cancer. The other night my older brother called to tell me he probably has fourth stage lung cancer, although he needs more tests to confirm that.

My sympathy to you on your recent bad news and prior loss. Lost my mother to cancer, so yeah, it sucks. Sad

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
19-01-2015, 06:18 AM
And about dying of bladder or prostate cancer in your older years:

The docs won't test for it at the time when it starts. It grows slowly for many years and then you get sick, then they test and find advanced cancer, then you die. Oh, they may treat it a bit at that time, when it is hopeless and you can spend what's left of your life throwing up because chemo.

My husband reported some bladder issues when he was 60. Had to pee a lot. Went to the docs several times, was told it was normal for his age. His prostate was palpitated - was told it was normal for his age.

The tumors were allowed to grow unfettered because - well, he was already 60 and he wouldn't die from it before 80. By then he would probably die from something else. So, no point actually testing an older person. They will die anyway.

Pisses me off. There are thousands dying all the time from bladder and prostate cancer when they are 75 and up - because it isn't worth testing because something else might kill them first anyway.

WTF!

My husband was strong and healthy otherwise, lifting feed bags and moving hay bales at age 80. He rocked. He would have had a lot of good years left, active, enjoyable years.

Makes me very angry.Angry

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-01-2015, 10:07 AM
(19-01-2015 06:18 AM)Dom Wrote:  And about dying of bladder or prostate cancer in your older years:

The docs won't test for it at the time when it starts. It grows slowly for many years and then you get sick, then they test and find advanced cancer, then you die. Oh, they may treat it a bit at that time, when it is hopeless and you can spend what's left of your life throwing up because chemo.

My husband reported some bladder issues when he was 60. Had to pee a lot. Went to the docs several times, was told it was normal for his age. His prostate was palpitated - was told it was normal for his age.

The tumors were allowed to grow unfettered because - well, he was already 60 and he wouldn't die from it before 80. By then he would probably die from something else. So, no point actually testing an older person. They will die anyway.

Pisses me off. There are thousands dying all the time from bladder and prostate cancer when they are 75 and up - because it isn't worth testing because something else might kill them first anyway.

WTF!

My husband was strong and healthy otherwise, lifting feed bags and moving hay bales at age 80. He rocked. He would have had a lot of good years left, active, enjoyable years.

Makes me very angry.Angry

I'm so very sad for your loss. Makes me think about being more cautious for my wife and son. Thanks for sharing.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
19-01-2015, 05:15 PM
DCA and cannabis oils have proven to be good at prompting your body to remember that cancer cells are bad and should be destroyed.

DCA is a simple chemical that pharmaceuticals won't touch because it is non-patentable.
Your body naturally produces endocannabinoids but it might not be producing enough.

We all have cancer but most people have effective immune systems and the deviant cells get killed.

Given your family has a high mortality rate using 'normal' treatments, consider some alternatives.

cheersThumbsup
19-01-2015, 05:43 PM
My dad died from bladder cancer six years ago. Bladder cancer and some other issues. Six months later I was diagnosed with breast cancer. So, I have five years cancer free now but I certainly agree - cancer sucks.

Mom had breast cancer - long time survivor.
Grandmother had bone cancer, undiagnosed till it was too late - thanks Mr. Chiropractor.
Aunt had brain cancer that spread all over due to lack of treatment.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
03-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Wish everyone would stop giving money to god and start giving it for medical research. We'd get a cure.
[+] 1 user Likes Toney's post