Cannabinoids and cancer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2011, 05:33 AM
RE: Cannabinoids and cancer
(08-05-2011 04:26 AM)Filox Wrote:  DeepThought, who sad that if weed was legal a kid could smoke it?

I didn't say it - thats for sure! Kids using drugs is another issue altogether.

(08-05-2011 04:26 AM)Filox Wrote:  And I know that one plant is not all-powerful and that smoking is not the same as medical treatment, but still, there are numerous medicinal advantages and they have to be explored and used. My latest discovery is the THC oil. It can cure third degree burns and diabetes wounds better than anything in this world. Actually, there is nothing on this planet that can close and heal diabetes wounds, I know cause my father has diabetes and he can't close his wounds on his legs. Unfortunately there is no way I can get any THC oil, because it is highly illegal, and the process of making it requires a lot of weed, which I don't have and it is too expensive. So I know of a way to save my fathers foot from being cut off, but there is nothing I can do, because "they" say so... Well isn't that idiotic or what?

There is more to diabetes wounds than the superficial stuff. The problems are also circulatory. If you think it's as easy as applying a little THC oil you can build yourself a little growing cabinet with carbon filter and fan (for the smell), and have yourself a cheap little crop in about 3-4 months starting from seeds if you pick the right strain. Some strains can be forced into flowering without any issues after 2-4 weeks vegetative growth. Expect roughly $60-80 added to your 90day electricity bill for a small cabinet..

Then you can get your hands on butane (99.99% pure) fairly cheap. It's just a little bit of supercritical fluid extraction. Thats the easiest way I know to get high purity oil which doesn't require any chemistry know how.. If you did that with the output of one crop you should have enough oil to kill a few obese adults. THC has an LD50 in case you didn't know that.

I'd be surprised if it makes a significant difference. Same with 3rd degree burns.. We already have 'Medical Marijuana'. If science was showing that THC oil would save lives in the burns ward it would be used. In Germany stem cells are starting to be used on burns patients. I'd say that is much more effective than THC oil.
With burns its not a simple matter of 'that burn is a 3rd degree burn, lets use THC oil.'

You'd be surprised at the stuff you can find that THC is supposed to fix. It's like that with anything. eg: Smoking reduces risk of developing parkinsons.

I'm telling you right now. I'm not taking up cigarettes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2011, 01:02 AM
Of course it's not that simple, but still, it's worth to try it out. Unfortunately I can not grow plants that easy, for multiple reasons.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
30-07-2011, 12:39 AM

(03-05-2011 06:19 AM)Snuff Wrote:  It doesn't matter to them because they make more money off of selling pills that don't even work. They would make less money by providing medicinal marijuana. I'm all for legalization of the "WEED" but I think it will increase laziness if it were to be used for recreation by more people... just like alcohol you have more drunks.

I honestly would have to disagree. I may not be a "stoner" but I wont deny that I smoke pot when I get my hands on it or money, if I dont need money for anything else, and I am just as active a person as I was before hand (Im lazy if i can be). I have always been a lazy person, and so have all my friends. But I do know a plethora of heavy users who are very productive members of society, they have jobs, families, and have do deal with all of the same problems as other people. and they function if not the same as a "normal" person, than better because they get to relieve there stress and have fun no matter how there day was. So basically what I'm saying is the stereotype of a stoner as being some lazy teenager who is only a burden to society is really inaccurate. And I dont mean to offend, just to inform. and agree with your statement about them making money off of us using pills.

Peace & Love
-CJrox
Also one thing I might add. I want everybody who views this thread, and I mean EVERYBODY. to watch the movie Run from the Cure. it is about a Canadian who appearently has using cannabis made a hemp oil that has cured cancer, glaucoma, and even helped a paralyzed war veteran start to have feeling in areas that he was told were never goin to feel again. Now given the people I'm talking to I expect that you are skeptical of this and I can understand. but i dont think that he would bullshit us, and give it away for free, and continue after being arrested i believe 3 times. Its a great documentary and I know I would turn to this before I even consider chemotherapy.

Peace & Love
-CJrox
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CJrox's post
01-08-2011, 05:45 AM
Hmmm, now I am sorry I forgot about this thread when I made a new one, but never mind, I will put them together like this...

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...ible-plant

So feel free to continue reading if you are interested. And yes CJrox, I totally agree with you, people have always been stereotyping marijuana users as they have seen in Hollywood movies and that is just ridiculous. We are not all long--hared--brainwashed--morons who know only one word. Dude!

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson