Cannot post with Safari?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Shocked RE: Cannot post with Safari?
I'm using safari from both Mac laptop and iPhone. The only time I had problems was usually when adding an attachment. I cleared my cookies, relogged in and I was good to go. Do you keep the computer running all the time? Sometimes the old fashioned shut down and restart works too.

Hope this doesn't keep you away from TTA forums!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2013, 12:49 PM
RE: Cannot post with Safari?
Had this same issue when I joined. My solution? I only post on mobile. Never did find an answer. It sucks, but it works. I'm a simple guy, I work with what I have, let me know if you figure it out.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
21-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I just tried the MacBook again, same thing still happening.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
21-03-2013, 12:53 PM
I did shut down last night, to no avail, but did not clear cookies, which is tonight's plan. It won't keep me away...works fine with mobile and Firefox, though for sake of ease, I'd prefer Safari on desktop if possible, as I can sync bookmarks and I use it for everything else.

21-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Just cleared my cookies and reset Safari. Still have the same problem. My only other idea is maybe a plug-in or adblocker is causing this problem, so I'll whitelist this site and see if that helps.

I also screenshotted the view from Safari and Firefox is anyone wants to see what's missing in the Safari view.

22-03-2013, 01:09 AM
I haven't got an answer for this. Two people with desktop versions of Safari having trouble posting...

Have you guys updated safari? Running the latest versions? We need to isolate the problem.

Could also be a browser plugin. Also try clearing your cache... not just the cookies.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
22-03-2013, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 05:50 AM by Wolf Bird.)
Full reset of Safari clears everything, including the cache. It is the latest version. So I'm thinking plug-in for me (haven't adjusted those yet).

Edit: Actually, I just realized I don't have the latest version. I'll run the update tonight after work and see if that helps.

22-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Solution: don't use Safari. Thumbsup

I use Chrome on my iPad. Well, I use Chrome on everything, so...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Okay, so I just downloaded chrome, here's a test post. Blush
22-03-2013, 08:50 AM
i'll be damned, maybe I shouldn't be such a lazy bastard. Of course, I'll still probably mostly post on mobile, my wife thinks she owns the computer. Dodgy