Cantheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2011, 04:50 PM

Cantheism
So I have a question I guess

I don't know much about the philosophy of cantheism... But I don't think cantheists do either... Because they do not have a 'god', can an athiest take part in their practises and still be, well, athiest?
Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2011, 05:43 PM
RE: Cantheism
I think there'd be a conflict of terms. Atheism + a theism. It seems they "worship" the plant, essentially making it a godlike substance. And they technically do have an ideology, and practice the spreading awareness of the drug, while promoting it's use to nonusers. Why not just be a weed smoking atheist? I've been maintaining that label for years now.

EDIT: and "atheist" is spelled wrong in your sig... it's a pet peeve of mine

[Image: Grammar_Nazi_Logo.jpg]

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
22-06-2011, 06:38 PM

(22-06-2011 05:43 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I think there'd be a conflict of terms. Atheism + a theism. It seems they "worship" the plant, essentially making it a godlike substance. And they technically do have an ideology, and practice the spreading awareness of the drug, while promoting it's use to nonusers. Why not just be a weed smoking atheist? I've been maintaining that label for years now.

EDIT: and "atheist" is spelled wrong in your sig... it's a pet peeve of mine

[Image: Grammar_Nazi_Logo.jpg]

From what I know, it's legal to smoke pot if it's for religious or medical reasons, but illegal elsewise.
22-06-2011, 09:03 PM

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2011, 09:12 AM

He was obviously high, and Religilous is where I found out about cantheism Tongue