Capcom is at its deathbed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2013, 08:01 AM
Capcom is at its deathbed
As of now, Capcom can't even fund production of any new big projects. DLC's can no longer save them. It won't be long untill the plug is pulled on of the oldest third-companies in the videogame industry.

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: Capcom is at its deathbed
Used to be good. Now they aren't. Bye.
30-09-2013, 07:49 PM
They will go the way of Rare. Be bought out, and then that someone will rape the name to make shitty sequels and remakes.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
01-10-2013, 05:52 AM
meh

They tell me I'm the shit, I'm like 'duh...'
[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
01-10-2013, 06:09 AM
(30-09-2013 07:49 PM)Anudist Wrote:  They will go the way of Rare. Be bought out, and then that someone will rape the name to make shitty sequels and remakes.

That's all they've been doing themselves for too long.

They were a great company when they had impressive game innovations and created strong IPs because of that... then they stopped adding creative elements to their products and relied to much on going for general marketability ideas with their franchises and will suffer for those strategies.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Was never a big fan....I was a PC gamer back in the SNES, SEGA days when Capcom was the big fish in the pond....Aside from street fighter I can't really come up with a memorable Capcom game that I played...and even then I always like Mortal Combat better.

It's a shame that they are eating it while the shit suckers at EA are going out business as usual.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Watched the video. First time I've seen GTAV gameplay, must say, it looks decent.
side note: This guy should stick to talking about games and not talk about economics, he's not very good at it.

They tell me I'm the shit, I'm like 'duh...'
[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
29-10-2013, 02:39 PM
I don't think Capcom is necessarily failing, but it should be noted that Squeenix in in the same boat right now. Both companies are at a point where development has become a dangerous minefield for them. Development costs are exceeding what these to companies are used to doing or able to do, and returns are too few. Both companies are also heavily investing in the mobile market, which I find truly baffling--I view the mobile market as a wasteland where making money and getting noticed is nigh impossible outside of being Rovio.

Also troubling is that console generational changes tend to be street cleaners on the industry, and its the time that is most likely to break a studio completely. Capcom and Square-Enix are both going INTO the generation in rough shape and uncertain futures.

Capcom does seem far more lost compared to Squeenix, but neither company is exactly inspiring faith in their future these days.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
29-10-2013, 02:46 PM
(29-10-2013 02:39 PM)Skeptic Gamer Wrote:  I don't think Capcom is necessarily failing, but it should be noted that Squeenix in in the same boat right now. Both companies are at a point where development has become a dangerous minefield for them. Development costs are exceeding what these to companies are used to doing or able to do, and returns are too few. Both companies are also heavily investing in the mobile market, which I find truly baffling--I view the mobile market as a wasteland where making money and getting noticed is nigh impossible outside of being Rovio.

Also troubling is that console generational changes tend to be street cleaners on the industry, and its the time that is most likely to break a studio completely. Capcom and Square-Enix are both going INTO the generation in rough shape and uncertain futures.

Capcom does seem far more lost compared to Squeenix, but neither company is exactly inspiring faith in their future these days.

Square-Enix may deserve some tough times; FF 13 was ass. On the other side, I really enjoyed Just Cause 2, and I can't wait for it to evolve.

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
29-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Re: RE: Capcom is at its deathbed
(29-10-2013 02:46 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 02:39 PM)Skeptic Gamer Wrote:  I don't think Capcom is necessarily failing, but it should be noted that Squeenix in in the same boat right now. Both companies are at a point where development has become a dangerous minefield for them. Development costs are exceeding what these to companies are used to doing or able to do, and returns are too few. Both companies are also heavily investing in the mobile market, which I find truly baffling--I view the mobile market as a wasteland where making money and getting noticed is nigh impossible outside of being Rovio.

Square-Enix may deserve some tough times; FF 13 was ass. On the other side, I really enjoyed Just Cause 2, and I can't wait for it to evolve.

Squarenix has been working well as a publisher since they've acquired some very good development companies... Such as level 5 and others. Those titles are successful.

Their internal developments have been a disaster except for a few pieces since the merger. They are on shakey grounds if they have another ff14 like failure.

To me or is an interesting marker that Capcom finally did give rights for megaman to be a Smash character

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson