Capcom is at its deathbed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: Capcom is at its deathbed
(29-10-2013 07:09 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 02:46 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Square-Enix may deserve some tough times; FF 13 was ass. On the other side, I really enjoyed Just Cause 2, and I can't wait for it to evolve.

Squarenix has been working well as a publisher since they've acquired some very good development companies... Such as level 5 and others. Those titles are successful.

Their internal developments have been a disaster except for a few pieces since the merger. They are on shakey grounds if they have another ff14 like failure.

To me or is an interesting marker that Capcom finally did give rights for megaman to be a Smash character

Pretty sure the Kingdom Heart's series alone would keep them solvent for quite some time. Add the Dragon Quest games (granted only on handheld for no good reason) and I think they can afford to "miss" (several million sales is a miss it seems) on a FF game here and there.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Same sentiment as others. They used to make kickass games, but have been on the decline since the introduction of the 64 bit system. The big exception to this the Resident Evil series.

Back in the day though they had Bionic Commando, Street Fighter, and one of my all time favorites, Megaman.

01-11-2013, 02:31 PM
(29-10-2013 08:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 07:09 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Squarenix has been working well as a publisher since they've acquired some very good development companies... Such as level 5 and others. Those titles are successful.

Their internal developments have been a disaster except for a few pieces since the merger. They are on shakey grounds if they have another ff14 like failure.

To me or is an interesting marker that Capcom finally did give rights for megaman to be a Smash character

Pretty sure the Kingdom Heart's series alone would keep them solvent for quite some time. Add the Dragon Quest games (granted only on handheld for no good reason) and I think they can afford to "miss" (several million sales is a miss it seems) on a FF game here and there.

Squeenix does not own Level-5, Level-5 is independent and has released a plethora of games on the 3DS without any publisher... maybe Nintendo, who continue to publish their Professor Layton games.

Also, I don't think Kingdom Hearts could keep Square-Enix afloat alone. Square-Enix needs to start re-evaluating their development process and sales forecasts, because only extreme hubris explains how they, somehow, managed to be disappointed in the sales of Sleeping Dogs, Hitman, AND Tomb Raider.

I do, however, think Final Fantasy is becoming a dead-end franchise--but it's also too important for them to ignore it.

Dragon Quest games need Nintendo, specifically Nintendo of America, to get their asses in gear. Reggie said, and this is one of the most bone-headed things you may ever hear, in a Tweet that he'd "love to see more Dragon Quest games!"

Yes, Reggie, so would the players who know full well that A) Nintendo has been publishing them lately and B) there are THREE Dragon Quest games (VII and Rocket Slime 3 (both 3DS) and DQX for Wii U) sitting there waiting to be localized for western audiences. Bringing those games over here IS KIND OF HIS JOB.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
01-11-2013, 02:33 PM
(30-10-2013 06:53 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Same sentiment as others. They used to make kickass games, but have been on the decline since the introduction of the 64 bit system. The big exception to this the Resident Evil series.

Back in the day though they had Bionic Commando, Street Fighter, and one of my all time favorites, Megaman.

I think that, with the exception of Revelations, the Resident Evil series has also taken a sharp decline. RE5, Operation Raccoon City, and RE6 all performed and reviewed relatively dismally--especially for a franchise that was once of such a high pedigree.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
01-11-2013, 03:53 PM
(01-11-2013 02:33 PM)Skeptic Gamer Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 06:53 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Same sentiment as others. They used to make kickass games, but have been on the decline since the introduction of the 64 bit system. The big exception to this the Resident Evil series.

I think that, with the exception of Revelations, the Resident Evil series has also taken a sharp decline. RE5, Operation Raccoon City, and RE6 all performed and reviewed relatively dismally--especially for a franchise that was once of such a high pedigree.

Yabut, 4 was badass!