Cape Breton Ride attempt 1= Failure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Cape Breton Ride attempt 1= Failure
Well It seems I have failed on my 3000 km journey to Cape Breton. After 1000 Km I decided to say Fuck it. Why? 200 km of Backtracking can really dishearten a person. Between roads not going where you want them to and forgetting my wallet, as well as trying to find my trail after it rather sudenly comes to an abrupt end I decided to call it quits in Montreal. Not to mention I forgot to pack a sleeping bag and froze my ass of the first two nights (and when I do get a bag the temperature decides to go up)

But this is not the end 2 weeks to rest up then its a bus to Halifax and two weeks of Cape Breton and the Cabot Trail and then a bus back.

I still think I did good considering I was by myself and had never done more than a day trip before.

the Biggest disappointment was not being attacked by a bear so that I could fight it and then legally change my name to Tarzan Bearslayer and walk around with its fur as a cape. The joking part of that is that I was only marginally disappointed.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2012, 02:51 PM
RE: Cape Breton Ride attempt 1= Failure
(05-07-2012 02:28 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Well It seems I have failed on my 3000 km journey to Cape Breton. After 1000 Km I decided to say Fuck it. Why? 200 km of Backtracking can really dishearten a person. Between roads not going where you want them to and forgetting my wallet, as well as trying to find my trail after it rather sudenly comes to an abrupt end I decided to call it quits in Montreal. Not to mention I forgot to pack a sleeping bag and froze my ass of the first two nights (and when I do get a bag the temperature decides to go up)

But this is not the end 2 weeks to rest up then its a bus to Halifax and two weeks of Cape Breton and the Cabot Trail and then a bus back.

I still think I did good considering I was by myself and had never done more than a day trip before.

the Biggest disappointment was not being attacked by a bear so that I could fight it and then legally change my name to Tarzan Bearslayer and walk around with its fur as a cape. The joking part of that is that I was only marginally disappointed.
Sorry to hear of your disappointment. Plan B sounds good. Halifax is a really nice city. Have fun, make a checklist. We want pictures.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Unlucky dude.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday Smile
05-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Well it's disappointing, but I wouldn't call it a failure. You got 1000km further than I would have! Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
05-07-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm thinking it would have been Bear Tarzanslayer. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post