Captain Italy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2012, 04:40 PM
RE: Captain Italy
(19-01-2012 12:26 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  I am Italian and I resent being lumped in with this individual. Lumping a whole country with the wrongdoings of an individual of that nationality is pretty stupid. Please use your brain.

C'mon man it was a joke. Count yourself fortunate we're not habitually blaming y'all for giving us the cast of Jersey Shore.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
19-01-2012, 04:51 PM
(19-01-2012 04:39 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(19-01-2012 04:27 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x30bJWGX...IF6doCxySw

I think that guy is a little irked.
He's so right on. I have him as my favorites on my U-Tube account. All my mates in the UK love him. I'm planing a trip over and I will be meeting up with him.. If you look at most of his posts he thinks allot like me. We talk allot through e-mails. I will see him on holiday this summer.
20-01-2012, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2012 12:04 AM by morondog.)
(19-01-2012 04:20 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(19-01-2012 11:41 AM)kineo Wrote:  I agree with Morondog and Lucradis on this. He needs to be punished for his cowardice. But the death penalty is barbaric and won't solve anything. He shouldn't be coddled, but he shouldn't be slain either.

Perhaps being dropped in the middle of the Med with only a liferaft to float in and his piss to drink. Then go get him a 2 weeks later and if he's alive.....well, he won't be alive.

I appreciate, he actually did something bad. By his actions people died who weren't supposed to. But it's not like it was premeditated. He lost his nerve and ran away. Happens to lots of people. Yes, his behaviour was inexcusable. You might feel like he deserves retribution. Something to make him feel bad like all the grieving relatives. But this *won't* do that. All it will do is needlessly hurt, it won't do anything for the relatives... it'll just make *you* sitting in your armchair at home feel like justice has been done or some stupid shit like that.
Fairest is just to let the Italian criminal justice system take its course. It's up to the judge and the courts to decide what is an appropriate punishment.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
20-01-2012, 03:37 AM
@ sy1505

Let me clarify this title a bit...

Captain America fights for his country while being brave and courageous, willing to sacrifice his life for someone else or his country. He is the symbol of his country and his country loves him. A symbol of what to be in USA (or anywhere else).

Captain Italy is the opposite, he spits on his country, he is the worst coward and his country is ashamed of him and his actions. He is shunned by his country, company and all who know him. I wanted to make this like the complete opposite. A symbol of what NOT to be in Italy (or anywhere else).

It does sound like I was bashing the Italy, but I actually wasn't, I just used the first name that popped to my mind. Why this one? Well maybe because he is a Captain and he is Italian and the movie Captain America is still fresh and new, so it is still on my mind.

So this was a little word play, a little opposites, a little joking in this terrible act. It's kinda what I usually do.

As for the Italy, your politicians, EU and this captain, it is up to the people to change the politicians and to fight for your place in this hell called EU. Captain is not something you can do or change, it is a company's problem and mistake, so it is a private thing, has nothing to do with the country or its people.

I think that the Italy has hit the critical mass, or is about to, so I feel that you are about to start your changes. I just hope it is not too late, or too violent, cause it makes things only worse.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
23-01-2012, 12:42 PM
(19-01-2012 04:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-01-2012 12:26 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  I am Italian and I resent being lumped in with this individual. Lumping a whole country with the wrongdoings of an individual of that nationality is pretty stupid. Please use your brain.

C'mon man it was a joke. Count yourself fortunate we're not habitually blaming y'all for giving us the cast of Jersey Shore.

It was not a funny joke. Also you do know that several of the victims were Italians, right?
The cast of Jersey Shore is American, so blame yourselves.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
[+] 1 user Likes sy2502's post
23-01-2012, 12:44 PM
(23-01-2012 12:42 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  
(19-01-2012 04:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

It was not a funny joke. Also you do know that several of the victims were Italians, right?
The cast of Jersey Shore is American, so blame yourselves.

They aspire to be Italian. No hate, J/S.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
23-01-2012, 02:28 PM
(23-01-2012 12:42 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  The cast of Jersey Shore is American, so blame yourselves.
Tee-Hee Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
24-01-2012, 03:49 AM
Look, we all know who is to blame, it is not a country or a nation, it is one single person, the captain. That is it, plain and simple, we all know that, but we also like to bring little light and jokes into most things, so... Even if it is not something to joke around, we can not look at everything with sadness and unhappiness. I may have overdid it, I might have not, depends on how you look at things.

It is all relative, you know.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson