Car issues...what next?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Car issues...what next?
So the temp job ended and I have been twitching and waiting for a call after a two hour interview Monday evening. Geez, I really want that job.

Anywhoo...You know how when you have been running the AC in your car and you stop and a little condensation drips on the pavement under your car? Not a problem, right.

Well, when that condensation starts pouring into the passenger side floorboard instead...it's a problem. Tried to unplug the drain line which did nothing to help. Off to the dealership, guess what, the pricey extended warranty doesn't cover shit like that. What exactly do those damn warranties cover? It's not like I crawled up into the firewall of my car and broke the damn thing so that when I took off from a stop is sounded like a waterfall in my car. FFS.

So my car has been held hostage since yesterday, going to pick it up soon and ask...what does this pricey warranty cover anyway? They can cancel the damn thing and prorate it back to the loan if it's not going to help me at all. Hobo

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2012, 10:07 AM
RE: Car issues...what next?
Im not sure if Air conditioning is covered in warrantys........ you think it would be but I dont think it is essential for the running of the car.

Ive got my fingers crossed for you that it is covered though......... AC repairs can be pricey Sad

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
11-07-2012, 11:01 AM
It might be just a clogged drain hole... still, that's pretty shitty for them not to cover - especially if it's a bumper to bumper warranty. It's not as if air conditioning is an after factory or premium package option or something. Damn.

Hope it just needs flushed - but that still might skin you for $100. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-07-2012, 11:37 AM
This sounds like one of those situations where God is trying to teach you patience.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-07-2012, 11:52 AM
$85.00...will wait and see if it's really fixed before I get too happy about it. Some seal around some housing went to crap. At least when I got home there was condensation leaking onto the driveway, so we'll see.

Got a call back from recruiter, the lady I interviewed with Monday really likes me. Two hour interview...we ought to be BFFs. But the woman I would be replacing has things that belong to the business, keys, credit card, not sure what else and they want to get all that stuff back before letting her know she's outta there (for being late and missing work all the time). Sounds VERY promising...but still going on another interview tomorrow, just in case. If things fall into place would start next Thursday. Good pay, good commute, jeans every day....variety of duties which I like.

Patience, hell, Erx...I am about to fidget out of my skin.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
11-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Ah the seals.

Seal maintenance 101: In the WINTER yes, winter or in other words, year round... run the air conditioner a about 20 minutes at least once a month, otherwise your seals can dry out and get fucked when you really need them.

That concludes this public service announcement. Angel Now, go and sin to your heart's desire.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
11-07-2012, 02:49 PM
(11-07-2012 12:16 PM)kim Wrote:  Ah the seals.

Seal maintenance 101: In the WINTER yes, winter or in other words, year round... run the air conditioner a about 20 minutes at least once a month, otherwise your seals can dry out and get fucked when you really need them.

That concludes this public service announcement. Angel Now, go and sin to your heart's desire.
Excellent advice Kim. In fact this applies to all aspects of your vehicle. Use your 4x4 once a month. Run your heat once a month (you know that first time you run the heat in the fall and it smell funny for a while? That's shit burning that's settled on your coils etc. too much of it can actually start a fire).

In your warranty, if it uses the words, "bumper to bumper" there will be a section in the contract containing exclusions. I'd bet five bucks that a/c is in that section. Unfortunately, I know it sucks, but stuff like warranties should be thoroughly read and understood. There is a reason you sign them at the bottom, under the little disclaimer stating you've read and understood the terms. It's o you can't decide later on that since the warranty doesn't cover your a/c, you want to cancel the warranty and get your money back. The guys who write those contracts are evil bastards. Tongue

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
11-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Good idea on running the air for a while every month. I tend to be late starting to use mine and quit using it a bit earlier than a lot of people so it does have a lot of months idle.

I got the warranty cause it had been a rental car and I didn't know what might turn up. Guy told us to day that most of those additional warranties will give you money back at the end of the term if you haven't used it, But they don't people that in hopes they won't think about it.